OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now a test, this was fragged for me, true slimmer and yes you could smell it, been in a UK tank for at least 10 years! ;)

DSC_0104 (1) (1024x802).jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In theory March 25 is pay day for one of my big claims, I will get screwed for tax but should get a refund in the new tax year! :)
I need to find a document for payment 2, all tax free! ;)
So new tank order goes in 26 March then....

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how close I m to a complete tank crash, all due to the cave goby, all the crud it disturbed had to go somewhere!
I am going to check my nitrates an phos tomorrow and do a deep clean this week, if there was a power cut and my sump leveled there would be another cycle, I need to get this done!

DSC_0103 (2) (1024x741).jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how close I m to a complete tank crash, all due to the cave goby, all the crud it disturbed had to go somewhere!
I am going to check my nitrates an phos tomorrow and do a deep clean this week, if there was a power cut and my sump leveled there would be another cycle, I need to get this done!

DSC_0103 (2) (1024x741).jpg

Whoa!

Look on the bright side; take a large frying pan and slowly heat it up, add 1/4 cup of pure, extra virgin olive oil, cut up 6 large cloves of garlic and add those to the olive oil. Then, using a set of tongs pull all of that green goodness, place in large salad spinner and spin it. Then dump green goodness into the frying pan with the olive oil and garlic. Voilá! Nice little snack to have with your evening beer!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the staff at my lfs is a marine biologist, very handy!
We had a chat about a week ago about how I clean the tank up.
He suggested ozone, I am a smoker, potential explosion, not gonna happen!
I use oxydators?!
I just re fueled my D model and popped it in by my skimmer intake, it will be interesting to see what happens! ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the staff at my lfs is a marine biologist, very handy!
We had a chat about a week ago about how I clean the tank up.
He suggested ozone, I am a smoker, potential explosion, not gonna happen!
I use oxydators?!
I just re fueled my D model and popped it in by my skimmer intake, it will be interesting to see what happens! ;)

Yes, that will be quite interesting to see what the results will be. You running 2 or 3 catalysts and at what percentage? (You've probably mentioned this before but dain bramage... no memory!)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that will be quite interesting to see what the results will be. You running 2 or 3 catalysts and at what percentage? (You've probably mentioned this before but dain bramage... no memory!)

I put the D by the skimmer, 9% and two catalysts, I loved his explanation all be it referencing ozone, it will be interesting to see if my skimate production changes! :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped out at the lfs earlier for a couple of hours, my mate had 2 boxes of live stock dropped off by the manager who then shot off to do a job so I sorted the corals out and dripped the fish.
6 soft corals and as soon as I saw and felt this it was always coming home with me!
Felt, these are maricultured on rubble and basically peeled apart in chunks, 2 small pieces already removed and dropped in the puddle!
The amount od fauna on it is amazing so I didn't dip it! :eek:
People eaters are palys and not zoas, zoa nudies won't touch them.
The leopard wrasse and scopas have been all over them! ;)
Still waking up, pic to follow.

DSC_0104 (1024x762).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back