Name That Fish

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI I am wanting to add a few extra fish to my tank and have these as an option. I dont know the names of them and was wondering if of you could lend a hand with a name then I can reseach and see if they are reef safe. These are wild caught fish so I intend to quarentine them if I buy them...could the strip one be a skunk wrasse and is the little one with 2 spots a common butterfly infront of the threadfin butterfly ...in the last pic it is the browny one with big white spots cheers

IMG_6057.jpg IMG_6072.PNG IMG_6073.PNG IMG_6074.PNG

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of the fish I see are:

1. The 2 spot butterfly, which is a racoon butterflyfish

2. The black ones are 2 domino damsels

3. black and white ones in the back are bicolour chromis

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx for the reply but are these the ones you named ? When I google them they seem to be other fish
some of the fish I see are:

1. The 2 spot butterfly, which is a racoon butterflyfish

2. The black ones are 2 domino damsels

3. black and white ones in the back are bicolour chromis

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.png
    2.png
    793.8 KB · Views: 34

collins.jason.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, purchase and put domino damsels in your tank. I have two in mine and they are the biggest bullies ever. They hide when the net comes near the tank, they didn't fall for the fish trap, wouldn't even try and take the bait when I tried to fish them out with a hook and fishing line. Worst decision I ever made.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, purchase and put domino damsels in your tank. I have two in mine and they are the biggest bullies ever. They hide when the net comes near the tank, they didn't fall for the fish trap, wouldn't even try and take the bait when I tried to fish them out with a hook and fishing line. Worst decision I ever made.
They will require you to drain water. I had a pair, utterly evil fish. That's after decades with maroon & tomato clowns, worse fish I've ever owned behavior wise.

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I almost bought them awhile ago as they are everywhere here...read up on them first and came to the same conculsion....wish i never got the dottyback ..it was sold to me as a royal gramma and i ddnt know how to pick the difference at the time...he is a bully to the max

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI I am wanting to add a few extra fish to my tank and have these as an option. I dont know the names of them and was wondering if of you could lend a hand with a name then I can reseach and see if they are reef safe. These are wild caught fish so I intend to quarentine them if I buy them...could the strip one be a skunk wrasse and is the little one with 2 spots a common butterfly infront of the threadfin butterfly ...in the last pic it is the browny one with big white spots cheers

IMG_6057.jpg IMG_6072.PNG IMG_6073.PNG IMG_6074.PNG
In the first close up photo that is a Racoon Butterflyfish (Chaetodon lunula), and behind that is an Indian Vagabond Butterflyfish (Chaetodon decussatus).

In the next close up you have a juvenile striped sweetlips (Plectorhinchus diagrammus). Behind that are two Domino Damsels (Dascyllus trimaculatus).

And in the last close up you have a juvenile Indian Ocean oriental sweetlips (Plectorhinchus vittatus).

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first close up photo that is a Racoon Butterflyfish (Chaetodon lunula), and behind that is an Indian Vagabond Butterflyfish (Chaetodon decussatus).

In the next close up you have a juvenile striped sweetlips (Plectorhinchus diagrammus). Behind that are two Domino Damsels (Dascyllus trimaculatus).

And in the last close up you have a juvenile Indian Ocean oriental sweetlips (Plectorhinchus vittatus).
thankyou very much really appreciate it...btw can i keep a yellow wrasse with a red coris wrasee in a 3' tank, thought i would ask seeing you are the wrasse addict...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankyou very much really appreciate it...btw can i keep a yellow wrasse with a red coris wrasee in a 3' tank, thought i would ask seeing you are the wrasse addict...
I recommend against it as the red coris is rather aggressive and will likely outgrow the 3’ tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back