Nano LiveStock change

SunnyD123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
18
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 20g reef tank and ultimately I want it to be set for success. I kinda wanna incorporate a star fish and maybe taking out the snails? Or a diamond watch goby to help the sand bed? As of the moment I have 4 snails and two hermits for my clean up crew. I also have 3 fish. A black clown, a damsel, and a pigmy Angel. If you have any questions or want to see more, watch a few update videos I posted on my YouTube. My channel is SethSundeen. Or copy and paste this.
Thank you everyone!!
 
IMHO, I think your tank is a bit small for a sea star.
 
Welcome to R2R, beautiful tank!! I agree about the star fish from most members I’ve read they are hard to keep especially in a small tank.
 
However, if you are going to be a good reef keeper and really do what you need to do, you can hand feed a serpent or brittle star. And by hand feeding, I mean take a small piece of cut up silverside and set it down rigth next to the central disk of the star with a long pair of tweezers. I used to stick a piece on a skinny wooden skewer and the star would 'walk' over to it, wrap an arm around it and hold on. Then I would spin the skewer a bit and slowly lift. The food would come off the skewer and the star had food.

It was fun. But in a tank your size, you'd need to do that about once or twice a week.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new