Nano LiveStock change

SunnyD123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 20g reef tank and ultimately I want it to be set for success. I kinda wanna incorporate a star fish and maybe taking out the snails? Or a diamond watch goby to help the sand bed? As of the moment I have 4 snails and two hermits for my clean up crew. I also have 3 fish. A black clown, a damsel, and a pigmy Angel. If you have any questions or want to see more, watch a few update videos I posted on my YouTube. My channel is SethSundeen. Or copy and paste this.
Thank you everyone!!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, I think your tank is a bit small for a sea star.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, beautiful tank!! I agree about the star fish from most members I’ve read they are hard to keep especially in a small tank.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, if you are going to be a good reef keeper and really do what you need to do, you can hand feed a serpent or brittle star. And by hand feeding, I mean take a small piece of cut up silverside and set it down rigth next to the central disk of the star with a long pair of tweezers. I used to stick a piece on a skinny wooden skewer and the star would 'walk' over to it, wrap an arm around it and hold on. Then I would spin the skewer a bit and slowly lift. The food would come off the skewer and the star had food.

It was fun. But in a tank your size, you'd need to do that about once or twice a week.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back