Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NATE1979

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the reef safe fish you have in your nano reef? Tank size from 10 to 55 gallon reef tanks.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 to 55g is a wide range. There are a lot of fish that would do fine in a 55g but go nuts in a 10g due to lack of swimming space.

That said, if you're just looking for some general ideas to help in the decision of choosing a tank size based on fish...

I really enjoy fang blennies. Active throughout the water column and are quite reef safe. Only things that might not be safe with 'em are small ornamental shrimp (such as sexy anemone shrimp), or other fang blennies (unless it's a mated pair). Great for 25g or larger IMHO.

Assessors and possum/pygmy wrasses are also colorful and reef safe. Great for peaceful communities in a 10g or larger.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 5 Chromis, 1 Fire Fish, 2 Skunk Clowns on the way in a 40 gallon. I feel that is maxed out.

Previously in all my nanos and moderately sized tanks (30-45 gallons), always a Clown Fish pair, usually a Royal Gramma, always a Yellow Tail Damsel, Dwarf Angel (usually a Potters or Coral Beauty).

Other fish that have worked a Yellow Watchman Goby, Flame Hawk Fish.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35g cube... 20" in every dirrection

2 black occy clowns
C. lubbocki wrasse
Cf. pylei wrasse
C. brunneus wrasse
Dwarf golden moray

My tank is full. Nutrient wise, I feed several times a day, and I have a problem with low nitrates. My skimmer is rated for a tank twice the size of what I have. Its full from swimming room and territory.

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me its 1 clown, 1 royal gramma, and a tailspot blenny, although im going to get another clown and a greenbanded goby or two eventually

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back