Nano salt levels

FlReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok everyone so I moved back to Florida and starting a new cycle on my tank, it's a small 7.5 gallon rimless I set it up the first time and used 1.024 salinity and going to be doing a small coral tank with this, the fish stores around me carry 1.025 salinity should I mix in a little ro/di water and get to the 1.024 or would I be ok using .025? I don't have any live stock in this tank yet and I know in such a small tank salinity can swing dramatically and I am using a ATO just wondering what level of salt to run

OP
OP
FlReef

FlReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Thankyou I will bookmark that page I only ask because the area I was in, everyone used 1.024 and the tanks where beautiful and healthy. Didn't know if I could just swing up in such a small nano and maintain the .025

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back