nano tank fish

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i was looking at my tank and i think it probably needs a fish it’s only a 10 gal

i used to have a clownfish but she became very very aggressive twards me to the point she wouldn’t stop biting me every time i put my hand in the tank so i decided to sell her

so now i’m trying to figure out a fish and i kept coming back to one fish a small pygmy wrasse
but could there be a better fish for my tank i was also looking at a yasha goby or something of the sorts
dose anyone have any suggestions and also i’m gonna put a picture of my tank as of today if that would help any i dont know if it will

and i was also thinking to just go with sexy shrimp but i read stories of them eating coral and stuff and i didn’t want them to fight with a porcelain crab i’m going to be getting to host my anemone

E596E941-6D45-4737-B6EC-C63715493824.jpeg ACDE70A2-1F13-4558-AF89-07275A88E92B.jpeg

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few good choices for a 10g nano. I have a long-running 12g cube and these I have had over the years that have done quite well.

1. Eyebrow Barnacle Blenny - Current resident. Gets to around 2-1/2 - 3", but doesn't need much room as it keeps close to it's hole except when darting for food. Eats what floats by in the water column, so doesn't decimate the pod population.

2. Green Banded Goby - Excellent all around nano fish. Easy to feed, are inquisitive and perky. Usually, but not always, any two young ones will form a pair.

3. Blue or Yellow Striped Cleaner Goby - Good nano fish, but can be a bit irritating if you get one that won't leave your hand/arm alone when you are cleaning. ORA captive bred Cleaner Gobies are available either single, or mated pair.

4. Bimaculatus Blenny (aka '2 Spot Blenny) - Great little fish that also cleans the glass/rocks like a snail would.

IME/IMO, Clownfish are great when smaller, but even the smallest species tend to eventually get too large and aggressive for these smaller tanks.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few good choices for a 10g nano. I have a long-running 12g cube and these I have had over the years that have done quite well.

1. Eyebrow Barnacle Blenny - Current resident. Gets to around 2-1/2 - 3", but doesn't need much room as it keeps close to it's hole except when darting for food. Eats what floats by in the water column, so doesn't decimate the pod population.

2. Green Banded Goby - Excellent all around nano fish. Easy to feed, are inquisitive and perky. Usually, but not always, any two young ones will form a pair.

3. Blue or Yellow Striped Cleaner Goby - Good nano fish, but can be a bit irritating if you get one that won't leave your hand/arm alone when you are cleaning. ORA captive bred Cleaner Gobies are available either single, or mated pair.

4. Bimaculatus Blenny (aka '2 Spot Blenny) - Great little fish that also cleans the glass/rocks like a snail would.

IME/IMO, Clownfish are great when smaller, but even the smallest species tend to eventually get too large and aggressive for these smaller tanks.
ok thank you i’ll have to check those out and yea she was great when i first got her but then i had to feed her every time i put my hand in the tank so she wouldn’t bite me

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Streaked or Possum Wrasse would work, I also like the Swales Swissguard Basslet which according to LiveAquaria says 10 gallons.
yea i was looking at the basket for a while i think i’m gonna try and find a possum wrasse but i’m having a hard time finding one

Sedley1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i was looking at my tank and i think it probably needs a fish it’s only a 10 gal

i used to have a clownfish but she became very very aggressive twards me to the point she wouldn’t stop biting me every time i put my hand in the tank so i decided to sell her

so now i’m trying to figure out a fish and i kept coming back to one fish a small pygmy wrasse
but could there be a better fish for my tank i was also looking at a yasha goby or something of the sorts
dose anyone have any suggestions and also i’m gonna put a picture of my tank as of today if that would help any i dont know if it will

and i was also thinking to just go with sexy shrimp but i read stories of them eating coral and stuff and i didn’t want them to fight with a porcelain crab i’m going to be getting to host my anemone

E596E941-6D45-4737-B6EC-C63715493824.jpeg ACDE70A2-1F13-4558-AF89-07275A88E92B.jpeg
I had a yasha goby and pistol shrimp in mine the awesome to watch when they pair up

K626

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the little clown gobies. Just make sure you see them eat before you bring it home.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • None.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back