• Total voters

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I'm SaltySue with the purple hair. I have kept freshwater since I was 11 yrs old & at 58 decided to go saltwater.

I started with a 5 gal nano knowing it would be hard. My lfs guys did a great job teaching the basics & have read & learned a lot here!

I had my nano for 15 months until I saved up & did fancy swapping to set up my 75 gal tank about a month ago. Putting my 5 gal corals & fish look pretty sparse in the 75 gal.

I am trying to get fish in first as I am terminally ill & like to just sit & watch my fish. I just save until I can get something else. Next on my list is an Alantic Blue Tang, Melanarius Wrasse, & some Euphilias too! Thanks for the welcome!

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I'm SaltySue with the purple hair. I have kept freshwater since I was 11 yrs old & at 58 decided to go saltwater.

I started with a 5 gal nano knowing it would be hard. My lfs guys did a great job teaching the basics & have read & learned a lot here!

I had my nano for 15 months until I saved up & did fancy swapping to set up my 75 gal tank about a month ago. Putting my 5 gal corals & fish look pretty sparse in the 75 gal.

I am trying to get fish in first as I am terminally ill & like to just sit & watch my fish. I just save until I can get something else. Next on my list is an Alantic Blue Tang, Melanarius Wrasse, & some Euphilias too! Thanks for the welcome!

Hey girl, glad you're here [emoji8] and hope you're with us for a while!!!

Got any pictures?

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi SaltySue and welcome! Do you have any local reef clubs you can join? I would definitely recommend it. I'm sure there are a lot of reefers near you who would love to share some frags with you to help you fill out your 75g. I would definitely frag some stuff out of my little 20 for you if you were near LA.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sue! Welcome to virtual paradise... here it never rains and everyone is always happy to help out. you live in one of the best reefing communities I know of. You have other members like @melev and @melypr1985 that live in your area. @melypr1985 even works at a LFS that may be close by you.

I like the ideas of starting off with some euphyllia. Mine grow slowly but hey, they are still alive after all I have put them through, lol.

Post up anything you have a question about (they get answered quickly), sign up to receive the emails, and read read read! Welcome to where the cool kids talk about fish tanks. :cool:

OP
OP
SaltySue

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi SaltySue and welcome! Do you have any local reef clubs you can join? I would definitely recommend it. I'm sure there are a lot of reefers near you who would love to share some frags with you to help you fill out your 75g. I would definitely frag some stuff out of my little 20 for you if you were near LA.
Thanks so much for the thought of offering frags!
To answer on clubs, I'm at Dallas/Fort Worth area & am active on several fb pages & most of us go to swaps often. Also, I have volunteered at my lfs when DFW Marine Society comes for lunches, so I meet ppl there. Some may know me only as the lady with purple hair too.

OP
OP
SaltySue

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone here is, generally, amazing :)!
I do have an issue that came up today & I don't know if there is a thread already started.... I have a wrasse that I think has....oh, I can't think of the term. Little pests sticking out of it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back