Nano wavemaker?

dtm2420

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
228
Reaction score
261
Location
Clarksville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting back into saltwater after a very short stint last time. I just set up a 10 gallon tank and my question is do i need a wave maker or no? What type of flow should I be looking for? Any suggestions on inexpensive ones? I plan on having corals just not exactly sure what yet but that will not be for awhile.

thanks in advance for all your advice!!
 
If you want something cheap I just got the Jebao SDW-5. Tiny little DC wave maker that would work well in smaller tanks. On Amazon for about $55. It’s a tad small for my 20 long but I added a second one which helped.
 
Hot Tub Chill GIF


My ergonomic wave maker.
 
If you’re considering a more expensive pump like MP10 or Nero, check out the Tunze 6040. I’ve been wanting one for my 20 cube. The form factor is really nice and it has a direct able stream.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new