Nanobox reef wide quad

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyones take on the wide quad? It says it would be fine for a true cube 60 gallon. I like the over light but want to make sure i choose a light that will do great. I want to keep a mix reef but the only sps would be montis and birdnest. Any ideas on it and if you dont recommend this light then what light do you recommend.
Thank you

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controllability with the Bluefish Mini is excellent. The color rendition on Dave’s custom arrays are fantastic. He does not use any red or green diodes, instead he uses warm and neutral whites. In addition, he uses mint to give a crisp brightness to the tank without having to crank up the white channel. (Make sure when ordering, to have the mint diodes on a separate channel from the whites). Because he uses no lenses, the spread of the lights as well as the color blending does very well (no disco ball). However, because no lenses are used to focus the light, par values at the deeper depths will suffer. With your intentions of running a mixed reef with less demanding SPS like montis and birdsnests, I think these lights will serve you very well.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back