Natural/ Real Ocean Water Question.

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Location
Cleveland, Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently bought a 5 gallon container of ocean water from the pacific ocean that's been filtered and UV sterilized. My question is, can I use it all at once since it's from the ocean (since that would put it over the 20% water change amount) or should I do the normal amount I usually do? I have read reviews for the product that said you could do a full water change with it since it is natural and balanced, but it doesn't say so on the container, so I wanted to ask.
 
Oh cool thanks. Yeah I was going to check the parameters and add it in 1 hour increments spaced an hour apart with everything turned off but the heater, but I just wanted to make sure. One review would say "I use this for full water changes without problem" and the next would claim "I had to let the tank cycle for a few days after adding." So, I just wanted to be sure before possibly hurting my fish. Thanks!
 
Our local filtered ocean water sources, the salinity tends to be a little low for some reason. You want to bump up to match your tank. If anything else is low, this is a good time to bump up before you add to your tank. Only the first time you take it a little slower. Thereafter, just put it right in as your livestock should be used to it. What I found with real ocean filtered water, there's something in it that boost fish immune system to fight ich. When I've done weekly water changes on a tank with milk ich infestation, it clears up quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new