Need a blue stripe pipefish

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, so I’m in search of the blue stripe pipefish. All my lfs suppliers currently don’t have any. So any one know good sites find them or know some where else I could find them?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be hard to find a WYSIWYG on these, Im not too sure many of them are captive bred so you probably will be getting a wild caught specimen

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I have checked them out, was sorta looking for WYSIWYG because I would like healthy one. Prefer not one fresh pulled from ocean but it probably will be them
Blue Zoo and LiveAquaria are a mixed bag when it comes to this kind of fish. You might get lucky but more likely you will end up with a loss. At least that is my experience with them. And when it comes to sexing, only Blue Zoo offers it and doesn't get it always right.
Ideally, you try to get them through a local store where you can pick them yourself. But even that doesn't guarantee that you won't have losses. I for example just this Saturday found a baby Janssi pipefish at my preferred store. Despite having tigger pods as live food and eating a little it was dead today, only 3 days later. If these fish don't get treated right on the way to us we are pretty much helpless.

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo and LiveAquaria are a mixed bag when it comes to this kind of fish. You might get lucky but more likely you will end up with a loss. At least that is my experience with them. And when it comes to sexing, only Blue Zoo offers it and doesn't get it always right.
Ideally, you try to get them through a local store where you can pick them yourself. But even that doesn't guarantee that you won't have losses. I for example just this Saturday found a baby Janssi pipefish at my preferred store. Despite having tigger pods as live food and eating a little it was dead today, only 3 days later. If these fish don't get treated right on the way to us we are pretty much helpless.
Dang that sucks I’m sorry hear that, jannis are very pretty. Yeah that what sucks for pipefish they don’t ship well. I wish there was ORA project for them, then maybe we see them more in hobby. And what you mean by treated? Like QT?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that sucks I’m sorry hear that, jannis are very pretty. Yeah that what sucks for pipefish they don’t ship well. I wish there was ORA project for them, then maybe we see them more in hobby. And what you mean by treated? Like QT?

Probably cared for not QT as you cannot medicate these fish

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably cared for not QT as you cannot medicate these fish
Did not know you could not medicate these fish. Thanks, I had a interesting thread start on how you would QT them, no one mentioned couldn’t not medicate. They just intolerate of it? I know I’d kill there source of food

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will kill their food not to mention they're very sensitive to medication, I should have rephrased my post they can be QTed but you need an alternative to copper

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine from bluezooaquatics. Well, got a pair but one perished after a few months. The other one is going strong for over two years now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back