Need a Nano Skimmer? Check This Out!

Reefer Matt

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2021
Messages
11,243
Reaction score
42,951
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! This is a Reefer Matt review of the IOAOI Nano Skimmer! Thank you @IOAOI for sending it over for review!

This quiet running skimmer is a little powerhouse that when properly tuned, is excellent at removing waste from a nano reef tank. Assembly and cleaning is quick and easy, and after one day in my established nano tank, it was already pulling out waste:

IMG_7350.jpeg


Areas for improvement include a wider hanging bracket for fully framed tanks, (currently 1/2” wide) and an inlet strainer for the pump, to prevent animals from being sucked in. I was able to 3d print one, and will have that design available soon! Happy Reefing!

If you’d like to see the full review video, check it out on YT here:
Reefer Matt Reviews: IOAOI Nano Reef Tank Skimmer!
 
Last edited:
For those that have this skimmer, how’s it been working for you?
 
Bump for the evening Reefers!

bump manatee GIF
 
Anyone have this skimmer? I’m curious how it’s held up for you.
 
Just ordered this skimmer. I’ll keep you posted on how it fair 6-12 months out.
Thank you! So far I’m still using this, and it’s doing a good job. Had an issue with microbubbles after a couple weeks, but cleaning it with citric acid took care of them.
 
Just ordered this skimmer. I’ll keep you posted on how it fair 6-12 months out.
Thank you! So far I’m still using this, and it’s doing a good job. Had an issue with microbubbles after a couple weeks, but cleaning it with citric acid took care of them.
How often are you dumping your cup?
 
How often are you dumping your cup?
Once a week. I clean all my skimmer cups on saturdays to keep them running good. It’s usually full by then but can be tuned drier if needed.
 
How often are you dumping your cup?
Once a week. I clean all my skimmer cups on saturdays to keep them running good. It’s usually full by then but can be tuned drier if needed.
Good to know! My main skimmer in my bigger tank take 2 weeks to even fill halfway. Tank you for the info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new