Need dosing help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help. My alk is on the rise. I asked before on facebook what my maintaining dose would be and was given the wrong info. 240g display about a 65g sump. I am dosing 21ml per day im guessing i should cut in half? Also whats best times i should dose? How far apart should i dose each part?

438F83C1-7EBF-4D45-9927-8D2BD5F52270.png

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 21ml is based on the recommended starting dose but obviously needs to be cut down. Maybe lower than half to get alk to fall.

The Triton Core7 manual here

A few key points
  • Initial dose is 2ml per 100l aquarium volume of each bottle.
  • Core7 Base Elements should be dosed into an area of high current, preferably into the algae refugium. There should be a minimum of 5 minutes between dosing each solution.
  • The maximum single dosage should not exceed 4ml per 100L of aquarium water. Any dosage of a higher amount should be split into mulitple doses throughout the day. We recommend that doses are administered via a reliable dosing pump.

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 21ml is based on the recommended starting dose but obviously needs to be cut down. Maybe lower than half to get alk to fall.

The Triton Core7 manual here

A few key points
  • Initial dose is 2ml per 100l aquarium volume of each bottle.
  • Core7 Base Elements should be dosed into an area of high current, preferably into the algae refugium. There should be a minimum of 5 minutes between dosing each solution.
  • The maximum single dosage should not exceed 4ml per 100L of aquarium water. Any dosage of a higher amount should be split into mulitple doses throughout the day. We recommend that doses are administered via a reliable dosing pump.
awesome thank you i will try that out

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back