NEED FAST CYCLE

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 50 gallon is approaching is is amid a major crash. and i got a new 75 gal red sea max250 need it to cycle fast but i cant risk moving any water from the crashing 50 gallon. im doing this to attempt saving my anemome. (doing terrible) corals (hardy ones are still doing okay) fish (doing well for the most part but a death or 2 have occurred) most my fish are hardy. if not all of them.... until i get to the mandarin. i need to get a good supply of copepods in the tank aswell. anyway i need to know how to cycle this. as fast as humanly possible. sketch chemicals? or anything else? im in a tough one right now and am not sure how to get out of it. any suggestions?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best bottled bacteria to cycle a tank fast is refrigerated Fritz Turbo Start 900.
This has been shown to bring down ammonia levels literally overnight.
No non-refrigerated products can honestly make that claim.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, use that or just buy purple live rock from a running reef tank, move it to your new tank, skip cycle, and do what 200 reef tanks per macna convention do. they'll house a $5000 anemone in a skip cycle nano reef without thought. that method requires no bac no chems no testing, live rock moved tank to tank stays live and full of bac. one big chunk runs that anem and your whole fish load if needed. buy your copepods and add them, and the lr will bring the best natural source.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best bottled bacteria to cycle a tank fast is refrigerated Fritz Turbo Start 900.
This has been shown to bring down ammonia levels literally overnight.
No non-refrigerated products can honestly make that claim.
im going to look through my LFS's for somthing like that. of course i will test afterwards just to make sure it worked but yes. thankyou for your suggestiin

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, use that or just buy purple live rock from a running reef tank, move it to your new tank, skip cycle, and do what 200 reef tanks per macna convention do. they'll house a $5000 anemone in a skip cycle nano reef without thought. that method requires no bac no chems no testing, live rock moved tank to tank stays live and full of bac. one big chunk runs that anem and your whole fish load if needed. buy your copepods and add them, and the lr will bring the best natural source.
purple live rock around here is like 12 dollars a ib and hard to come by. would be a great idea to add some though.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also already feed frozen copes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dr. Tims and Live rock although in essence- nothing goes fast in saltwater aquaria.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Tims and Live rock although in essence- nothing goes fast in saltwater aquaria.
understood on how reefkeeping is a slow process but im in a tough situation so i need to do this as fast as possible being reasonable. may let it run for a week at least if i can contain the levels for that long.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back