Need help for understanding f2's recipe.

  • Thread starter Thread starter arman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

arman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
387
Reaction score
58
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I have problem with this recipe i have.
It says it has 4 stock solution.
I don't understand that should i dissolve for example 75 gr NaNo3 and 5 gr NaH2Po4 to one liter of fresh water or each in one liter separately!
 

Attachments

Because f2 media does not exist here in my country.
I want to try some and see if it works or not.
 
Cant any one help me?
OK, I looked at the recipe. It is clear to me that you make the 4 stock solutions listed and then combine them into the final solution at the end. Therefore, you need at least 10 containers: one for each stock solution (1-4), 5 for the metal solutions (one for each) and one for the final mixed solution.

Does that make sense?

Bruce
 
Thanks for caring.

You mean i will have how many liters of f2 at last?
 
The basic recipe makes 1 L of seawater containing the various solutions. The way I read the recipe is that you make the 4 stock solutions and then combine these 1:1:1:0.5 and make 3.5 mL aliquots (p0rtions) of this mixture. This way, every time you want to make up a liter of medium, you take one 3.5 mL aliquot of the mixture, add this to ~950 mL of seawater then bring the final volume to 1L.
 
Thank you very much.You got me out of this misunderstanding.
 
You are welcome. Good luck with your algae cultures.

Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new