Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll find or draw up a diagram. I know I had to draw it before to visualize it myself and generate a plumbing parts list.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this makes sense. The green 60 gal. tank is the water change tank. Horizontal lines are water levels. Both the 55 and the 60 overflow into the 40 lit refugium. The connection between the 60 and 55 keep water levels the same. There is a ball valve between the 60 and the 40 to control rate of water change.

upload_2017-5-1_17-31-20.png

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey really could use some help with setting up this GHL SA doser. I went to Reefapalozza and spoke to the GHL person and he advice that I can set it directly from my android device. So I came home and Downloaded the GHL Control center app and getting below msg when connecting to home network IP address. It does not give any specifics but i've tried over 10 times in over a week.... Why is my doser not connecting?

Screenshot_2017-07-03-23-14-24.png

Screenshot_2017-07-03-23-14-04.png

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you figure something out let me know , I'm on the same boat lol

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A direct connection means that you used your device to search for nearby WiFi networks and you are connected to GHL DOSER-2. You then navigate to the app and enter 10.10.100.254 into the HOST box. <---That is a direct connection.

This topic is covered in the manual. :)

Based on what you have entered in the app, you are telling the app that the doser's IP address is 192.168.1.2. This would assume that you've already connected the doser to your home WiFi. If that's the case, 192.168.1.2 is likely not the correct IP address. If you set it up with a Static IP address, enter the IP address YOU assigned during WiFi setup into the app's HOST box. If you set it up with Auto IP, you will need to log into your router and see what IP address was assigned to the doser by your network.

If you did not connect the doser to your home WiFi, follow the direct connection steps to connect directly to the doser's WiFi signal. If you want to connect the doser to your home WiFi, you can see how to do that here:

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click YES, then edit the connection so that the COM is either set to AUTO or COM3.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success!!! Finally got it setup.... The video helped but even then I managed to not get it on the first try B/C I am not very good at this technical stuff even if its just jr level stuff. I tested the doser by having it go into a measuring cup during the night and woke up to it being filled at the correct amount so finally can just test and adjust....

Currently I am dosing or starting at around 6ML per day of each CA and ALk.. I have it broken into 3 dosers with 2ML each - Would anyone recommend doing 6 doses of 1 ML instead or is what I am doing fine until consumption rises?

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm calibrating a new Doser 2.1 slave pump using the latest GCC v1.0.9.8. The first test came in at only 7 ml/min. These seems too slow for ATO use and others on this thread are getting better numbers. Is there a way to adjust head speed?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are fast and slow settings for the motor. For ATO I use the fast setting. I can post a screen shot of how the pump speeds work later today after work if you would like me too.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are fast and slow settings for the motor. For ATO I use the fast setting. I can post a screen shot of how the pump speeds work later today after work if you would like me too.

Hello Reefwiser, Yes please do if you don't mind. I appreciate that. I had a feeling that there must be a fast setting.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back