Need help, velvet, or not?

JordysReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
27
Location
New Jersey, USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, new to the hobby here, tanks about 3 months old, I have a pair of clowns, the female has been pretty aggressive with the male, nipping his fins and such so I separated him in a little isolation box so he could relax for a few days, as I do not have a separate tank, but now the spots I thought were bite marks or something look like they might be growing in number but I’m not sure.
 
IMG_3405.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
 
Is there any whitish looking slime on his body? It looks similar to ich to me but I am no expert and others will have better info. I would also be mindful of possible secondary bacterial infections if he is really beat up
 
Is there any whitish looking slime on his body? It looks similar to ich to me but I am no expert and others will have better info. I would also be mindful of possible secondary bacterial infections if he is really beat up
I don’t really see slime but when you zoom in they look like white bumps to me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new