Need help with dinos and dying corals

Mata_01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
55
Reaction score
12
Location
Portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 20 gal aquarium that has been running for almost a year, and since July Dino’s have appeared, first i thought it was cyano but now with some tests I know it’s Dino’s, I have been running a UV light.
I first try to remove it from the normal ways, increase nitrates, blackouts etc.., then I tried live copepods, and they have done an amazing work because they almost killed them but now they just don’t disappear, I have been cleaning them day yes day no, and no water changers were done, I just don’t know what to do. And I have been adding bacteria too.
These are the parameters:
-Alk - 9.9
-phospates - 0.04
-Nitrates 50 or more
-salinity 1.026
There is some Dino’s in the glass because I still didn’t clean it

IMG_1653.jpeg IMG_1654.jpeg IMG_1655.jpeg IMG_1656.jpeg
 
Ye the first one didn’t have the photos
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new