Need help with treatment for wrasse

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Red Fin Fairy Wrasse wich was doing very well until this past Monday when I found it laying in the sand with some type of mocus, it was very lethargic and he was not eating. I observe and research what could this be and at night I catch it and gave it a bath in Rally.

During the bath I was able to inspect him more closely, he had one cloudy eye, and some white pouches near the head.

The next day he was still laying on his side, I feed the tank and he was interest and manage to catch some food.

I order some Metroplex, Kanaplex and Focus and soak it with food and feed it treating like it was a bacterial di

He’s out swimming and eating, but I’m not 100% sure if this is the right approach.

The white pouch on his head connects with the cloudy eye and it seems like the white stuff it’s actually his flesh.

Hope you guys can help I’d this disease and treatment,

thank you!

5BEE702F-7D02-4048-8648-021431152E9F.png
CDAEFA84-0F6C-46D5-A38A-D48919730084.jpeg
B1977CA9-D48D-47BB-BB28-36BD6E3EE40C.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any chance you take take the fish's picture in white light? The blue makes it difficult to see any details/color.

What other fish are in the tank with it? Can you post the water quality parameters? This looks like it could be an external bacterial infection. Can you treat this tank with antibiotics in the water, or do you have another tank you could move it to?

Jay

OP
OP
Fer21

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any chance you take take the fish's picture in white light? The blue makes it difficult to see any details/color.

What other fish are in the tank with it? Can you post the water quality parameters? This looks like it could be an external bacterial infection. Can you treat this tank with antibiotics in the water, or do you have another tank you could move it to?

Jay

Here’s my tank parameters

B965B7F4-1773-4450-8312-1B36C024A394.jpeg

It’s a mix reef tank, I don’t think I can medicate the tank, that’s why I administrated meds in the food.

There’s a pair of clowns, Royal Gramma and a Lawnmower Blenny.

I will try to take pictures in white light when I get home, today he seems better, the cloudy eye seems to be coming back to normal. I think the meds are working.

Back