Need help with your aquascape?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd attempt, what do you guys think?
If you split this into thirds you have 2/3 the same height. The left side catches your eye first. This I like. What I would do is create more of a slope starting after the gap. Middle low to high on the right. Maybe just moving that one rock to the top of the right side to create another cave like opening.

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to post here for thoughts, all though my tank works for my corals it's pretty much a spread out dump

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have nothing to lose :)
Okay, you asked for it lol
IMG_20190105_143003716.jpeg

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a big beautiful dry rock I bought a few months back I was going to save for my new tank, but since my current one will be going at least 8 more months I might as well throw it in my current tank, that being said I am trying to get rid of Dino's and was wondering should I just throw this dry rock in my tank, or let it cycle dark for a month or... Should I let it cycle with a light on it in hopes for hair algea as competition to Dino's?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking from recent experience....I would not advise throwing it in your running tank. You could get all kinds if leaching for a while.

I threw about 5 lbs of dry rock (BRS) in my established tank and my SPS all turned brown. I’d soak your dry rock in something for as long as possible.

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to go with 2 months in salt wooder with no light or flow? I really don't have a pump I want to sacrifice to this rock considering I rinsed it off and pieces of grit never stopped coming out of it

Average joe the reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
Update rock placement

I know this is going to be a big task because their is quite a bit of rock but you should try and make the right structure smaller and change the shape of it so it looks more natural so instead of a square you make it a triangle with uneven sides. You can also connect it or leave a gap between the smaller rock structure it’s your choice.
9185fcfa5f96e6a47bbea46568031e6b.jpg

Another idea that I have would be to have two big structures on either side with a big gap between them like this
29710f53473dd02236ceb0fd14e05018.jpg

Don’t think you have to change the aquascape though because it is your tank and just do whatever makes you happy.

Average joe the reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input I will try that two large structures with the middle open.

Ok cool when making the two rock structures make sure that the gap between them is off centre from the middle of the tank to give it a more natural look. Be sure to send a picture to the forum when you are done as I am excited to see the results

Average joe the reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Wow 130 lbs of rock is a lot of work to move. Oops for got to take out extra filter on the right side for the pics.

That looks great but I would recommend taking some of the rock off the top of the left structure so you have more room to grow coral as with how high it is the coral will most likely grow to the surface really fast

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back