Need help

mlabadie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this trigger a few days ago. Haven't seen him really eat and he hides alot. I did an RO dip. I've tried feeding him silverbacks and mysis shrimp. This morning he had him self wedged in between some rocks.

IMG_20170326_084447803.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see any indication of disease, other than hiding? Elevated breathing rates, spots on body or fins, white, stringy poop, head-shaking?

What's your water like? pH? Salinity, higher or lower than the water he was in previously? Is anyone else in the tank acting aggressively toward him?

Just trying to think of things that'll help folks on R2R help you and your trigger . . .

Triggers are rather intelligent fish, and he's probably a little freaked out by all the changes he's been through. That should pass within a few days or so, though . . .

~Bruce

OP
OP
M

mlabadie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought him the store had him for at least 3 weeks and said he was eating well and at first they had trouble with him eating. PH 8.0.. salinity is 1.024- 1.025. and as far as my fish are concerned I've not seen any other attack him and no one other is acting funny

david berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try leaving lights off for couple days feed something with a lot of meat content I've in past kept Picasso n huma all ate well from get go I would love to have trigger or puffer but I have couple occ clowns n a tang the kids have named sooooo good luck

OP
OP
M

mlabadie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have 2 clowns and a couple of tangs and even 2 types of angels and I have not seen any aggression. I'll leave the lights off and see what happens.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal trigger behavior. When newly introduced to the tank he is hiding because he doesn't know what other fish are in the tank Triggers normally sleep by locking themselves into a hole in the rock.

OP
OP
M

mlabadie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well didn't know that they purposely wedged themselves in between rocks so I took him out a feel times and I haven't been able to spot him. No fish was attacking him. But I will keep an eye out. I am happy that I became a member of this website, it been very helpful.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well didn't know that they purposely wedged themselves in between rocks so I took him out a feel times and I haven't been able to spot him. No fish was attacking him. But I will keep an eye out. I am happy that I became a member of this website, it been very helpful.
Yes, like others have said, normal trigger behavior.. Especially when they are new to the system.. I always say they are ok, as long as, say, in your guys picture, he is watching things.. I mean literally, because they are extremely intelligent..

Give him a couple days and he'll probably be fine..

And yes, they wedge themselves in rocks, crevasses, almost anything.. I will never forget my first wedged himself in so bad once, that I had to dremel the rock to get him out..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back