Need Help

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a flame angel that I bought, that I believe had Ick or velvet. It has since died, so I started treating my tank because I noticed white spots on my blue throat. I'm on day 3 of the treatment. I also noticed spots on my sailfin. My dilemma is I did some plumbing work on the tank over the weekend, and I started thinking could the fumes from the PVC cement have caused some problems in my tank too. So I'm not sure how to go about solving for this. Any help would be great.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking, no It doesn't seem to hurt your fish unlike fumes from cleaners, etc.

Here's a thread from awhile back on your question.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is doubtful that the PVC glue caused any issues. It goes inert pretty quick once water hits it. Is this a reef tank? What did you/are you treating with?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, what treatment are you currently administering to your DT?

Any questionable fish should always be placed in QT.

You should pull that trigger and treat the DT.

Reef or FOWLR?

artieg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those products are not going to solve your problem. Read thoroughly the posts on ich and velvet eradication. I can tell you, 2 years out from my velvet wipeout, I have no fish issues whatsoever. Nothing. Haven't seen a spot in 2 years. But the protocol is not for the faint of heart: remove fish for copper treatment, fallow your DT tank, and religiously QT and copper treat all future fish additions. You don't "have" to do all that. But heartache will be lurking around every corner if you don't. So many threads on this topic.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Rally Ruby-Reef with Kick-Ick.
Neither of those will be effective, but at least you aren't using copper in your reef tank. That was what I was worried about. To effectively treat your fish you will need a hospital tank set up. If it's velvet it will overtake your fish quickly. If it is ich then you have a better chance. Pics would help.

OP
OP
Glott3133

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The products I used are reef safe. Are there any other products that I can use in my DT. I'm concerned about moving my fish to my QT. It hasn't been maintained to a point where I can trust it.

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common equation:

"Reef safe" ich treatment + reef tank= ich still in display tank

As @artieg1 Had stated, I'd read that thread. If you cant trust your QT tank due to lack of maintenance, consider starting fresh. How bugs the DT and QT? Personally, if the QT hasn't been maintained in a while, I'd take water out of the display and put it in the QT. I'd add as much as possible without removing over 50% of the DT water. If you still need some more water, make the rest. After that, I'd treat the QT and put the fish in there before it gets out of hand

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good sign if they're still eating but I'd still treat them sooner than later

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back