Need ID on hitchhiker please

Donjmia305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s up guys! I’m new to R2R and this is going to be my second reef tank. I bought several live rocks from the LFS at around $11 a pound and I’ve noticed several hitchhikers from Feather Dusters, Digitate Hydroids, brittle stars and I have seen a slug try to catch a ride on one of my green emerald crabs. But there seems to be this really weird glob attached to the rock with two tubes protruding
D42D88A8-897F-44B2-8263-AA72EC340C8D.jpeg
66C0B308-774E-4527-84DC-AF890105AF9D.jpeg

from it and they open and close as they please. I don’t know what it is. Maybe anyone of you experienced reefers would most likely know what it is and let me know the name of it so that I can do a bit of research and surf the web for more pics and info. Thanks guys. I’ll attach pics and a video of my 2 month old 10 gallon tank with 2 oscillaris’, two yellow watchman gobies, 4 green emerald crabs and 8 snails. I’m thinking about adding two more small fishes for now and as soon as they grow some more I’ll buy bigger tank. Thanks guys. Happy Holy Night.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back