Need ID on hitchhiker please

Donjmia305

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Miramar
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s up guys! I’m new to R2R and this is going to be my second reef tank. I bought several live rocks from the LFS at around $11 a pound and I’ve noticed several hitchhikers from Feather Dusters, Digitate Hydroids, brittle stars and I have seen a slug try to catch a ride on one of my green emerald crabs. But there seems to be this really weird glob attached to the rock with two tubes protruding
D42D88A8-897F-44B2-8263-AA72EC340C8D.jpeg
66C0B308-774E-4527-84DC-AF890105AF9D.jpeg

from it and they open and close as they please. I don’t know what it is. Maybe anyone of you experienced reefers would most likely know what it is and let me know the name of it so that I can do a bit of research and surf the web for more pics and info. Thanks guys. I’ll attach pics and a video of my 2 month old 10 gallon tank with 2 oscillaris’, two yellow watchman gobies, 4 green emerald crabs and 8 snails. I’m thinking about adding two more small fishes for now and as soon as they grow some more I’ll buy bigger tank. Thanks guys. Happy Holy Night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new