Need ID on hitchhiker please

Donjmia305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s up guys! I’m new to R2R and this is going to be my second reef tank. I bought several live rocks from the LFS at around $11 a pound and I’ve noticed several hitchhikers from Feather Dusters, Digitate Hydroids, brittle stars and I have seen a slug try to catch a ride on one of my green emerald crabs. But there seems to be this really weird glob attached to the rock with two tubes protruding
D42D88A8-897F-44B2-8263-AA72EC340C8D.jpeg
66C0B308-774E-4527-84DC-AF890105AF9D.jpeg

from it and they open and close as they please. I don’t know what it is. Maybe anyone of you experienced reefers would most likely know what it is and let me know the name of it so that I can do a bit of research and surf the web for more pics and info. Thanks guys. I’ll attach pics and a video of my 2 month old 10 gallon tank with 2 oscillaris’, two yellow watchman gobies, 4 green emerald crabs and 8 snails. I’m thinking about adding two more small fishes for now and as soon as they grow some more I’ll buy bigger tank. Thanks guys. Happy Holy Night.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back