Need Identification Please...

  • Thread starter Thread starter wrfreeman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wrfreeman

Wade
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2013
Messages
405
Reaction score
68
Location
Blountville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this on the back of my branching montipora. Looks like some kind of work, but it doesn't seem to move. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 224
Could it be a spionid worm? It never moves.

I suspect it's something along those lines. It does not look like a flatworm to me. A better image would certainly help to nail it down.
 
Definitely a vermetid snail. You can see its shell, it increases in size as it squiggles back and forth, as the worm has grown bigger. The large end is where the worm will poke its tentacles out of. If you look closely you can sometimes see them, just two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new