Need light advice

Micah Guadagno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I need some advice on lights, I can’t decide between a Ai Prime and a Red Sea Reef led 50, I have a 60 gallon Aqueon corner tank, I’m probably going for a mixed with a few sticks.
cycling right now and running my old Nicrew light atm. No coral. I understand for sticks I’m going to need more than one of these just can’t afford to by two at the same time.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI has a better daylight look for most settings where as the redsea is going to be more of the blue coral pop on most settings. I like the AI app better

However, you can always go for a cheaper light if you'd like. Do you have the nicrew hyper reef?

OP
OP
Micah Guadagno

Micah Guadagno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I have the Hyper reef 50, I’ve had no issues, just to week for the tank, as well as the light stand won’t fit over plastic trim to clamp on the glass

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I have the Hyper reef 50, I’ve had no issues, just to week for the tank, as well as the light stand won’t fit over plastic trim to clamp on the glass

Ah ok, I was going to say that there are always more budget friendly options for lighting if you'd like to look at those

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back