Need skimmer help!

dfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my girl just bought a fluval flex marine 32.5 gallon and I wanted to get her a protein skimmer. I have been looking online and calling local stores. I can’t seem to find a fluval PS1 skimmer anywhere. Is there a reason its not out there? If it’s not being made does anybody know another skimmer I could get her to take its place. Main reason I was looking at the ps1 was for the fit and clean look in the tank. A local store offered me a aqua top Nano Protein Skimmer I believe the one for the Recife for $30. Not sure if it’s a good deal they said it’s the protein skimmer for an aquatop all in one and the tank was shipped cracked so they have this skimmer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,i would pass on the aqua top,check into,innovative marine,eshopps,octopus,tunze nanos,check for size for fit :)

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my girl just bought a fluval flex marine 32.5 gallon and I wanted to get her a protein skimmer. I have been looking online and calling local stores. I can’t seem to find a fluval PS1 skimmer anywhere. Is there a reason its not out there? If it’s not being made does anybody know another skimmer I could get her to take its place. Main reason I was looking at the ps1 was for the fit and clean look in the tank. A local store offered me a aqua top Nano Protein Skimmer I believe the one for the Recife for $30. Not sure if it’s a good deal they said it’s the protein skimmer for an aquatop all in one and the tank was shipped cracked so they have this skimmer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
I am looking also let me know if you found anything I will do the same.
Seems like the PS1 are impossible to find.

tattooed reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is a couple months old but petco has the ps1 skimmer . It is actually working pretty good in my 65 gallon redsea all in one . I couldn't find the tunze I wanted and bought the fluval , it's much better then the giant stock one it came with.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back