Need Some advices on my LED light

SyssyHUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)

I am new in this hobby and struggling with light setup. My aquarium size is 120x40x50.

I had a giesmann T5 8x39W which was getting my aquarium crazy so I swapped to LED. I have now a noname DIY saltwater LED light fixture from a guy who made some already and he had good growth of coralls and reviews around us.
But somehow the Colors doesn’t seem great.
The LED light now is 100W there are Color’s in it like dark blue,UV,purple,1 orange,1 red LEDs.

I know I suppose to get at least one more of 100W of this light,but not sure if I cannot find something better in this price range $150 in Europe :)
I have a green big mushroom in the middle,one anenome,some zoas,small mushroom,GSP,glove polyps.

what do you think ? I am attaching some pictures of my aquarium currently. And some pics of the light,during the production.

Thank you

68C7284A-93AE-4BE3-8E4F-FDF705DDA9D3.jpeg 0C928849-79B8-408C-A7C7-B4D8690A9A53.jpeg 63A42147-9015-42DD-857F-A1F70514A716.jpeg A60D53A6-F4A7-4D13-9443-876148380A9C.jpeg 809B8C3C-976E-4197-B571-8A63DB9749C1.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't say why you feel "somehow the Colors doesn’t seem great" - clarity will help others give you advice. I'm no subject matter expert, but corals love those blues. Personally, I am not a fan - I like to see my fish, but those white lights fuel algae. Also, recent National Geographic magazine just had write up how wild fish are moving to deeper, cooler waters, and those all blues lights impact how fish see their food (CBB was featured (sad)).

In USA it's Thanksgiving Eve, so its possible those LED light subject matter experts are doing family holiday preparations. Not having any responses also was keeping it on the 'unanswered threads' for more visibility, but since I'm #3 I'll just let you know that likely you just have a longer wait than usual due to holiday.

*IF* no one gives you info after a couple of days, then consider reposting same area.

Sometimes patience is the best thing. @Because Yes An hour wait is nothing for something technical or otherwise specialized

OP
OP
SyssyHUN

SyssyHUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't say why you feel "somehow the Colors doesn’t seem great" - clarity will help others give you advice. I'm no subject matter expert, but corals love those blues. Personally, I am not a fan - I like to see my fish, but those white lights fuel algae. Also, recent National Geographic magazine just had write up how wild fish are moving to deeper, cooler waters, and those all blues lights impact how fish see their food (CBB was featured (sad)).

In USA it's Thanksgiving Eve, so its possible those LED light subject matter experts are doing family holiday preparations. Not having any responses also was keeping it on the 'unanswered threads' for more visibility, but since I'm #3 I'll just let you know that likely you just have a longer wait than usual due to holiday.

*IF* no one gives you info after a couple of days, then consider reposting same area.

Sometimes patience is the best thing. @Because Yes An hour wait is nothing for something technical or otherwise specialized
Ohh sorry,yes I was wondering about the fish Colors:) like fox face has such a nice yellow,but in this blue he is just brown or grey :( thank you for your reply! I am keep forgetting that it is holiday in US even though I am working in an American company have a great Holiday to you all!!!:)

Because Yes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks , pretty new here so need get used to timing , Happy Thanksgiving !

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back