Need some help finding some plumbing fittings

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,758
Reaction score
2,777
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am not sure what exactly what I will need or what I will do till I put all the rock in this tank and hide these 4/5 way adapters.

In the picture from Maxx I need to find a 45 degree version of this street. I also need to find elbows that are slip on one side and threaded on the other. I am using lock line threaded adapters. I should note that when I go to screw these into female adapters they only screw in about 1/4 the way, is that normal? They go in further on elbows, not much, but they do go further.

I’m trying to figure out the best way to attach lock line to these adapters. I’d like to have some of everything on hand when I go to install. I’m consolidating two existing tanks plus I over purchased rock from TBS. I think I am going to have way too much rock when all is said.

The only one I can find is the one I show listed.

IMG_4644.png IMG_4642.jpeg IMG_4641.jpeg IMG_4640.jpeg IMG_4638.jpeg IMG_4639.jpeg
 
I need to find a 45 degree version of this street. I also need to find elbows that are slip on one side and threaded on the other. I am using lock line threaded adapters. I should note that when I go to screw these into female adapters they only screw in about 1/4 the way, is that normal? They go in further on elbows, not much, but they do go further.

Jeez I dunno if you'll find a street slip to flip PVC 45. You may need to get a street 45 and adapt to fip.
I have a wholesale acct at Ferguson, pace supply, wolverine brass and couldn't find this with a quick search. Not saying that someone doesn't make it but, it's not a normal fitting.

The 90s are easy just search slip or soc to fip or fpt.

1/4 is not but these fittings are npt. They are tapered so the more you turn the tighter it gets. They should go about 1/2ish before hitting real resistance.
 
Try Supplyhouseplumbing.com. If they don’t have it you’ll need to get creative.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new