Need to setup my tank again

shivram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone ,
I'm currently having 170g reef tank , and cycled it for 5 weeks and added live stocks , now i had a probem of ich , and all my fishes are dying , and to cure i added garlic tablets and some other freshwater ich medicen , uv light ,but its of no use , the ich is more and i feel like i have destroyed my water adding garlic tablet and ich medicen, my ammonia is 0 , nitrite 0.23 , nitrate 100 , ph 7.6 , salinity 1.024 , what should i do now ??? I am thinking of removing 100% water , and cook the live rock , and clean the sand (please let me know how to clan live sand) , then start over with - prodibio start up, can anyone suggest

Very dipressed - [emoji853]
20180716_210944.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like Marine Velvet. If your fish are dying quickly that would more likely be the culprit. Your best bet is to quarantine all remaining fish and treat them with chloroquine phosphate or copper. Whether its ich or velvet the treatment is the same. You don't have to tear the tank down to rid the tank of it. But you do have to let the tank sit without fish for 76-78 days to completely wipe out the ich or velvet. And remember always treat in a separate tank from your display, especially when using any type of copper treatment.

Here are some threads to help you out
Fallow Periods
Marine Velvet
Treatment Option 1 Chloroquine Phosphate
Treatment Option 2 Copper
Copper Test Kits Depended on Which Route You Go

You can also do a freshwater dip to help relieve your fish of some of the symptoms, but it is not a cure.
Freshwater Dip

jpcrash1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being that you have nitrite and such high nitrate, your tank might have not cycled completely or you added to much to your new tank to fast.. This would have stressed your fish causing a outbreak. The fish need to be quarantined and treated.

jpcrash1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry , it's a bad first start. Keep trying don't give up[emoji5]

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back