Need urgent acan help

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work today and to my horror I found the choc chip star I bought for my harlequin feasting on my beloved acans. Just looking for help/advice on what to do.It looks like only one polyp was eaten. Will the polyp grow back or is it just gone and if it can grow back what should I do?

6C724FC7-49E7-47BF-9107-0AD721AF14F0.jpeg

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work today and to my horror I found the choc chip star I bought for my harlequin feasting on my beloved acans. Just looking for help/advice on what to do.It looks like only one polyp was eaten. Will the polyp grow back or is it just gone and if it can grow back what should I do?

6C724FC7-49E7-47BF-9107-0AD721AF14F0.jpeg
It definitely looks mad but it’s surprising how resilient coral can be. I’d leave it alone, maybe try spot feeding it some reef roids and move the naughty perpetrator elsewhere

OP
OP
GraveKone

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely looks mad but it’s surprising how resilient coral can be. I’d leave it alone, maybe try spot feeding it some reef roids and move the naughty perpetrator elsewhere
Pretty sure the polyp is gone judging by the lack of color and strings coming from it. Is there any parameters I should focus on rn?
Thanks for the help!

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure the polyp is gone judging by the lack of color and strings coming from it. Is there any parameters I should focus on rn?
Thanks for the help!
Wouldn't hurt to add a bag of carbon or chemipure blue to help with any decomposing tissue or nasties leeching out.

I agree that it's worth waiting to see what happens with the polyp. I've seen acans and other lps that had no business surviving make some pretty impressive recoveries.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't hurt to add a bag of carbon or chemipure blue to help with any decomposing tissue or nasties leeching out.

I agree that it's worth waiting to see what happens with the polyp. I've seen acans and other lps that had no business surviving make some pretty impressive recoveries.
Agree 100%…i’ve seen coral recover when I was positive it was done for.

Reefer/0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help!
Would let it be and see how it goes. Keep general parameters like before it was injured should be fine. Good luck to your acan! Their pretty hardy but takes a bit of time to recover.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back