Neptun Apex variable speed cooling Fan

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i am Johannes from germany and hope i can find some help regarding cooling my aquarium with neptune apex controller and fans. Please excuse my spelling since English isnt my native language :)

I would like to hook up some fans to my aquarium and control the fan speed depending on temperate readings from the neptune apex computer. the easy way is to hook up a fan and its power supply on the energy bar and turn them on or off depending on temperate readings. is there any apex ready solution of a fan that is speed controlled via apex. i would like a setup that turn on fans at 50% when the temperature rises and depending on the temperature ramp up the fan speed to 60% 70% - 100%.
Thank you and Kind Regards
Johannes

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along. Great English btw!

I’m not aware of any Apex Ready systems. I looked into a DIY setup using a 0-10v controlled fan speed controller and decided to just use a computer fan speed controller. I would love for more precise control like you mentioned however there are so many fan options it may be hard to make a universal controller.

OP
OP
J

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I thought about using a ghl propeller breeze with the propeller controller. but with this approach i would have to match the 0-10v pins for the ghl controller to the apex 0-10v output. since i have read that there is a possibility to dmg the apex i would rather use a different solution.

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old thread, but I think I have it figured out. I am currently using a 4 pin PWM PC fan with a speed dial/knob. I want to change speed based on tank temperature. I am almost done designing a unit for this. It should allow control from the Apex 0-10v to convert to a PWM signal for PC fan speed. It is using an inexpensive circuit board, 12v power supply, 3D printed box and some cables. I should have it built and tested in a week or two. I will then work on an instruction if it works as planned. If you are still in need of this capability let me know and I will update.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old thread, but I think I have it figured out. I am currently using a 4 pin PWM PC fan with a speed dial/knob. I want to change speed based on tank temperature. I am almost done designing a unit for this. It should allow control from the Apex 0-10v to convert to a PWM signal for PC fan speed. It is using an inexpensive circuit board, 12v power supply, 3D printed box and some cables. I should have it built and tested in a week or two. I will then work on an instruction if it works as planned. If you are still in need of this capability let me know and I will update.
Following along

OP
OP
J

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
my solution is currently working. I connected a Propeller Breeze to an GHL Propeller Control. Then i connected the apex to the propeller control unit. ghl wasnt very helpfull so i had to figure it out on my own. I connected GHL Pin2 to Apex +1-10V and Pin 3+4 to Ground. This way i cant adjust fan speed min to max but not off. i connected the propeller breeze to the energy bar for that reason.
The GHL Propeller Control Pin Layout is: Pin2 dimming current 1-10V, Pin3 0V Ground, Pin4 relay current.
I am interested in your solution :)

flyairbus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Johannes, so you managed to connect the propeller control to the apex. you had to create a new cable and what was the colour code ? thx

AlexZender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
my solution is currently working. I connected a Propeller Breeze to an GHL Propeller Control. Then i connected the apex to the propeller control unit. ghl wasnt very helpfull so i had to figure it out on my own. I connected GHL Pin2 to Apex +1-10V and Pin 3+4 to Ground. This way i cant adjust fan speed min to max but not off. i connected the propeller breeze to the energy bar for that reason.
The GHL Propeller Control Pin Layout is: Pin2 dimming current 1-10V, Pin3 0V Ground, Pin4 relay current.
I am interested in your solution :)
Hi, Johannes
I can’t really understand. Did you manage with connection tank propeller to Apex using 0-10 v port?
Is possible to use GHL propeller control device?
I don’t want to buy energy bar to my apex controller and it’ll be very helpful to connect fans to Apex directly with dimming option.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back