neptune apex MXM

daniele1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I'm just about to buy Neptune apex mxm to control my ai hydra64 and 32s plus my ai nero 5,I was wondering if anybody already have one and I'm using davi Saxby schedule for my light,will I be able to keep using the same schedule even when the lights are controlled by the apex system?

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi I'm just about to buy Neptune apex mxm to control my ai hydra64 and 32s plus my ai nero 5,I was wondering if anybody already have one and I'm using davi Saxby schedule for my light,will I be able to keep using the same schedule even when the lights are controlled by the apex system?
I bought one when it came out and then stopped using it. Went back to Mobius.
Yes you will be able to use the David Saxby program. But you will have to download it again into their system. It may have been one of the ones that was preloaded I can't remember.
I'm not using it because I could not get it to do all of the things I wanted the mp40s to do. I may go back to it once they give it a few more updates

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you will be able to use the David Saxby program. But you will have to download it again into their system. It may have been one of the ones that was preloaded I can't remember.
I'm not using it because I could not get it to do all of the things I wanted the mp40s to do. I may go back to it once they give it a few more updates
same here not all the features on the neptune are available on mxm

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know! When are they going to get on it? I have eight hydra 32 HD's and it took me like an hour to figure out how to group them. Not blaming the MXM, it was on me but still. At first I was thinking am I going to have to control each individual channel on each individual light. That would not work.

OP
OP
D

daniele1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like what?

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
like what?
There are features for the mp40 that are not there yet. Specifically parent and child configurations.
The system is completely different from Mobius and the myai app so there is a learning curve as well.
I fell to the UI. Was a touch on the clunky side compared to Mobius. I know some people's complaint with Mobius as you can't see it over the internet. It is just Bluetooth. But I don't care about that. It works fine

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am not sure what I hate more - MXM or Mobius. But, I have to admit, I do hope Versa pumps will be on MXM so we can integrate them into our Tridents and DOS units.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I returned mine before even opening it up. IMO the biggest flop by Neptune. They need way more updates before i buy one again.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, it’s like having it all one one app, but that app is worse

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Same, it’s like having it all one one app, but that app is worse
Perhaps MXM is worse. When I got my MXM set up, I felt like I had over dosed on some type of stupidity medicine. In what universe should I have paid to plug something in and lose functionality, presets, etc. how are Ecotech products on this, but Versa, arguably a better pump then the DOS, not on MXM. It actually serves one purpose for me when I am on the road. I run dual return pumps with one dedicated to the UV. If I cut it close returning, I may not have enough in my ATO reserve. And the pumps have sucked air before. I can remote in and shut the UV pump down thus raising the water level in the return chamber and no air in display. That my friends is frankly the absolute only use I have found for the MXM. But my mileage is likely different.

OP
OP
D

daniele1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what I hate more - MXM or Mobius. But, I have to admit, I do hope Versa pumps will be on MXM so we can integrate them into our Tridents and DOS units.
I was looking to buy mxm to control my ai hydra too the phone app to control the intensity of the light is so weir to use and the 2 fingers thing for control the levels tick me off

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back