Neptune cor 20 red

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm running the Neptune cor 20 by itself, and it's flashing red and not turning on. I have no idea why. it looks like it's the second dot that is flashing, so I tried another outlet on a different power strip, and nothing is changing. I have no idea what the deal is, and everything else on my tank is working perfectly. What should I do? It's so late at night and I have no other pump.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's stand alone, and it's flashing the second dot. Sometimes it turns on for a few seconds, then turns off, and flashes. Everything else is working. No idea what's happening.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from another thread. Says second light is over voltage. Have you shut it down/unplugged it for 5-10 minutes and try a restart?

• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from another thread. Says second light is over voltage. Have you shut it down/unplugged it for 5-10 minutes and try a restart?

• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)
Yea I have tried unplugging and everything and it turns on, starts pumping, and goes directly back to flashing read and turns the flow off. No idea what happened.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you need a new driver. Email neptune. I have gotten responses from them at odd hours. Maybe someone will respond tonight.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you need a new driver. Email neptune. I have gotten responses from them at odd hours. Maybe someone will respond tonight.
I've got an email out to them.. and I've noticed if I turn the power from 60% down to about 30% it works so far. Hoping for the best.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then don't push it for now if that's your only return pump. Let it ride at 30%.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from the COR Standalone User Guide:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.18.13 PM.png

See page 9: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/COR_Standalone_User_Guide.pdf

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back