Neptune Trident OR Mindstream

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have latest gen Trident for great trade! New in box, sealed.

Momma bounce....Cherry Blotchy Anthias.....Ventralis Anthias trio?

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my trident! Wait for it, get your name on your LFS rather than BRS. BRS has too long of a waitlist compared to a LFS. Took me around a month to get mine from my LFS. Its well worth the wait! Also get yourself a set of neptune DOS pumps and its so easy to have your trident dose for you!
I scored THREE Tridents by running around and badgering my LFS. Call em, bug em and calll em again.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I scored THREE Tridents by running around and badgering my LFS. Call em, bug em and calll em again.
So - you are trying to sell them - or do you need 3 devices to monitor your aquarium :)? Not trying to be offensive - but - not sure what you're trying to say????????? I bought something that 'supposedly' in short supply - and I'm trying to get rich - what is it lol? Why else are you going to 3 places to get tridents,,,,,, Should we be checking Ebay? - what is your username?

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident or Mindstream?

IMHO, I wouldnt get niether. Nope both have had major issues and delays at launch. there are other reasons.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - you are trying to sell them - or do you need 3 devices to monitor your aquarium :)? Not trying to be offensive - but - not sure what you're trying to say????????? I bought something that 'supposedly' in short supply - and I'm trying to get rich - what is it lol? Why else are you going to 3 places to get tridents,,,,,, Should we be checking Ebay? - what is your username?
I am not offended at all by your comments. I have 5 aquariums, 3 displays and two QT tanks. I work 70-80 hours a week at my business and its very difficult to find time to properly maintain the tanks. Thus I was motivated to work pretty hard at finding Tridents for my display tanks. I had hoped to convey that I was able to score multiple Tridents by simply pestering the heck out of local fish stores that carried the Neptune products . I had thought this might work for others and shared the tactic. How I misled you into thinking that I might be an ebay vendor? I'm not sure but even so I apologize for that. With respect to "getting rich" on something that is in "short supply" - let me recomend rare earth futures or prehaps micro ETFs. Lastly, my username is Centerline.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not offended at all by your comments. I have 5 aquariums, 3 displays and two QT tanks. I work 70-80 hours a week at my business and its very difficult to find time to properly maintain the tanks. Thus I was motivated to work pretty hard at finding Tridents for my display tanks. I had hoped to convey that I was able to score multiple Tridents by simply pestering the heck out of local fish stores that carried the Neptune products . I had thought this might work for others and shared the tactic. How I misled you into thinking that I might be an ebay vendor? I'm not sure but even so I apologize for that. With respect to "getting rich" on something that is in "short supply" - let me recomend rare earth futures or prehaps micro ETFs. Lastly, my username is Centerline.
Thanks - explains it - realize that there are many people here (at least a couple:)) buying up as many as they can - and then selling them. Congrats on getting 3 Tridents - lots of people are waiting for their first:)

OP
OP
K

Kendrick Kemp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I decided to stick to Neptune Trident . Sending my money for mind stream to wait 8 to 10 weeks is crazy. plus sub..... No way.. but I have saved up to 1,000.00 dollars now. but only willing to spend $750 to $800 on trident if I get lucky... the problem now is I wont buy- fish -corals- salt- test kits- etc. because I'm scared I might miss a deal for the trident.. feels like my hobby is on hold ..crazy right … I tried to keep my mind off and wait until black Friday but pockets itching... any thoughts..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I decided to stick to Neptune Trident . Sending my money for mind stream to wait 8 to 10 weeks is crazy. plus sub..... No way.. but I have saved up to 1,000.00 dollars now. but only willing to spend $750 to $800 on trident if I get lucky... the problem now is I wont buy- fish -corals- salt- test kits- etc. because I'm scared I might miss a deal for the trident.. feels like my hobby is on hold ..crazy right … I tried to keep my mind off and wait until black Friday but pockets itching... any thoughts..

I would stick with Mindstream - but I agree the delay is troublesome.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love my trident.. works great with my neptune.. I did order the mindstream also... once it arrives... i will post some thoughts on both... I must say.. i love the idea of being able to tweak my dos neptune on the alk with the trident readings.. another nice things.... when i need some readings on my QT ... I fill a glass of water and put the sample line of the neptune in there.. walk away and get a few readings over the day for th QT tank.. I also use it to take some readings on freshly mixed up salt..

OP
OP
K

Kendrick Kemp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@chicago so true I love my new trident, had for two weeks. thinking about reefbot for no3/p04/ k... testing's yes im getting lazy.

ddreher47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of the Mindstream, however I worry about the longevity of the company.

Neptune has been around a long time and I expect it to be around a long time to come, I could be wrong.

Just my personnel feelings.
I am thinking the same exact thing. Neptune has grown into a very trusted reliable brand. Everything I have is based off my APEX.

Just last week my tank was saved by my APEX when my toddler got into a tank cabinet where a reactor is located and pulled off the hose. I was on a business trip over 1000 miles away and the water sensor notified me something was wrong and I was able to shut down the pump powering the reactor.

I also only buy equipment that can be integrated with my APEX, so until this happens I would not even entertain purchasing one.

It would be a big jump for me to move away from Neptune.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am thinking the same exact thing. Neptune has grown into a very trusted reliable brand. Everything I have is based off my APEX.

Just last week my tank was saved by my APEX when my toddler got into a tank cabinet where a reactor is located and pulled off the hose. I was on a business trip over 1000 miles away and the water sensor notified me something was wrong and I was able to shut down the pump powering the reactor.

I also only buy equipment that can be integrated with my APEX, so until this happens I would not even entertain purchasing one.

It would be a big jump for me to move away from Neptune.

Sounds like a lot of amazon reviews - love it.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with mindstream. I ordered sept 1, 2019. Will be a minimum of 4 more weeks (has already been 8) and he said likely much longer. Has no idea where I am at on the wait list other then to say will give a discount and an email with updates next week. Very disappointed. Will likely cancel order as I am not paying 800 dollars based on his word that he will give a refund after 12 weeks (paypal will not honor reimburssment after 12 weeks).

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Just got off the phone with mindstream. I ordered sept 1, 2019. Will be a minimum of 4 more weeks and he said likely much longer. Has no idea where I am at on the wait list other then to say will give a discount and an email with updates next week. Very disappointed. Will likely cancel order as I am not paying 800 dollars based on his word that he will give a refund after 12 weeks (paypal will not honor reimburssment after 12 weeks).

Paying upfront is the worst requirement ever.

Deposit I understand. Full payment is a scam.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they get manufacturing up to capacity Mindstream appears to be the one to get IMHO. So far, from those that have, it seems a legit and precise product. Probably tough to scale that to quick assembly lines.

They gotta be trying to get more typical financial backing to scale up.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with mindstream. I ordered sept 1, 2019. Will be a minimum of 4 more weeks (has already been 8) and he said likely much longer. Has no idea where I am at on the wait list other then to say will give a discount and an email with updates next week. Very disappointed. Will likely cancel order as I am not paying 800 dollars based on his word that he will give a refund after 12 weeks (paypal will not honor reimburssment after 12 weeks).

Thanks for sharing the details of your call.

What does will give a discount mean? You already paid, does that mean you've received a partial refund or will when it ships?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good that you got the refund you were promised. Any updates on when you'll get yours? I believe you ordered day one?
Yep, they processed it right away when they gave the discount. It was a few months ago.

Last week they said this week or the coming weeks. So basically between next week and whenever.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back