Neptune trident

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing the Trident is going to be like the COR pumps were. Promised, then silence for an extraordinarily long time, the out of nowhere an announcement that they are shipping. Regardless, I would not make any plans.

RockyProndoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing the Trident is going to be like the COR pumps were. Promised, then silence for an extraordinarily long time, the out of nowhere an announcement that they are shipping. Regardless, I would not make any plans.
Maybe a secret Black Friday release? [emoji39]

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sold enough 2016 Apex units already by just announcing Trident. It was a good sales strategy.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best marketing plan I have ever seen. simply amazing..

bfsaunde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s available tonight at Midnight pacific time. Did they mention how many are available initially?

HSM364

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190507-213038_Messages.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats Enjoy that 150 dollar maintainace fee

Did that really come out?? I didnt catch the video? (ie is that the fee for the maintenance -or the reagents and the maintenance)

U

User1

View Badges
Congrats Enjoy that 150 dollar maintainace fee

Do you drive a car? Are you a scuba diver? Two items off the top of my head that require regular maintenance. In the case of scuba diving, which I am, I've already invested a lot of money in my dive gear which is my life support under water. It has maintenance requirements every other year and I do not skip even if I have a year or so in which I do not use it much. It is rinsed heavily after every use. I inspect it before every dive. Warm water or cold. I do not miss a beat. Every inspection and rebuild is about 180 dollars give or take for my BC and my regulators (roughly every other year). It is part of the hobby but looking at it I'm not a fish and need it to breath and survive underwater especially in the colder waters I dive in.

I ask you why would you treat the Trident any differently? You are using the tool to measure parameters in your reef tank and you may, if using Apex dosing pumps, ask it to dose based on a measurement. It is, therefore, a part of your reef ecosystem and it dang well better be accurate. No different than you servicing your car, scuba equipment, or any other piece of life support or safety gear.

Edit - removed last sentence since I sounded mean and that was not my intent. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User1

View Badges
Did that really come out?? I didnt catch the video? (ie is that the fee for the maintenance -or the reagents and the maintenance)

It was mentioned but they didn't go into detail. I thought I heard 18 - 24 months which doesn't seem bad to me based on the number of tests you will do yearly. Put it into the bigger picture and it makes sense based on how they are testing compared to other products.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back