Status
Not open for further replies.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have reported sellers. Not too sure of the ethics of just posting pictures of the items on the sellers thread, but I have thought about it.
Meant - when purchasing, , , , , ask the seller to send you a pic of item with current date so you know its not some file photo

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hit or miss I guess, this was only two polyps when I bought it off of here. Turned out great. Another time I bought some utter chaos and the seller messaged me a picture of the shipping label, after it shipped then he mentioned that the centerpiece fell off and come to find out it was covered up some cheap Zoas, not anywhere to be seen on the picture. I get that sometimes accidents happen but when you’ve been obviously ripped off immediately contact your credit card company and return the product. Your covered. I’m not mentioning any names or trying to start anything but your credit card has benefits that protect you against being ripped off.
Credit card companies don’t cover live animals for several years now.

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I purchased my XR15s brand new and going to purchase my MP40s brand new as well. My biggest fear is spending 20% less for something used and it breaks a few months later

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the thread you bought the light from.
His message history is 90% selling stuff.
I see this a lot and stay away from those kind.

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy and sell a lot of reefing stuff as a way tompay for the hobby. I always try to test to the item to beat of my ability before selling. I never market anything as new unless I'm 100% confident. Sometimes things happen but just as with anything I try to work with the buyer as best as I can. I'd def welce seller feedback on everyone profile cause the good sellers will only continue to do better and it will weed out the bad

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the thread you bought the light from.
His message history is 90% selling stuff.
I see this a lot and stay away from those kind.
Hopefully moderators can look for these types of sellers

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else feel like they get stiffed everything they purchase from the market place. There are too many people that lie about their items. Some sellers "upgrade" 3 to 5 lights per month if you look at their threads. I think they have a fish store and take items in on trade then sell them here as lightly used. Some items I have bought were internally messed with with warranty stickers cut. That item was also listed as only setup to test, brand new. Now im stuck with a dosing pump that I would never resale because of unknown history. I also purchased a light, "like new only used for 2 months" first the light came with a large tested sticker that screams refurbished. Then the light does not work at all. Seller is on r2r but ignores my messages. The unregulated selling on the marketplace is horrible. Great idea, but too many people take advantage. I'll never use marketplace again.

16121177091338758365310266114042.jpg 16121177432446663684954694251733.jpg 16119813568724579097789016586728.jpg 16121177875292637061228639713109.jpg
I buy a bunch of items from here and I sell too. Just an example, I buy a Kamoer used because I can't find Ecotech Versa Dosing pump in stock any where and once they are I sell my Kamoer and use the ecotech, but for SOME reason I dont like the ecotech, now guess what? I sell the Kamoer and buy Ecotech Again...

But let me tell you what happened to me recently here, this time a sellers perspective.
I sold 4 Ecotech Mp40's - I mentioned in my add that It's 2 years old (I meant I USED it for 2 years and getting rid of it, but my choice of words were poor). So the customer ended up sending me the item back and filed a claim with PayPal (after 3 weeks). I got my product back and it wasn't my stuff which I originally shipped. 2 out of 4 Mp40's where not mine, the controllers where swapped and the RF module was replaced.

Paypal doesn't give 2 f#$$s and should I go through small claims court?

I report the guy here, the moderator will block or kick him out and he can come back with some other username..

I just had to take the hit. I used them as parts for my other mp40s I own.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I buy a bunch of items from here and I sell too. Just an example, I buy a Kamoer used because I can't find Ecotech Versa Dosing pump in stock any where and once they are I sell my Kamoer and use the ecotech, but for SOME reason I dont like the ecotech, now guess what? I sell the Kamoer and buy Ecotech Again...

But let me tell you what happened to me recently here, this time a sellers perspective.
I sold 4 Ecotech Mp40's - I mentioned in my add that It's 2 years old (I meant I USED it for 2 years and getting rid of it, but my choice of words were poor). So the customer ended up sending me the item back and filed a claim with PayPal (after 3 weeks). I got my product back and it wasn't my stuff which I originally shipped. 2 out of 4 Mp40's where not mine, the controllers where swapped and the RF module was replaced.

I report the guy here, the moderator will block or kick him out and he can come back with some other username..

I always try my best to make purchases from people with some history on the site. I've seen a lot of items i would have loved to buy but due to the seller being fairly new i passed on them. I also would like to see more members taking the time to leave positive feedback on sales threads when they have a positive experience with sellers. I know that there are people on the site that purchase equipment bundles from people getting out of the hobby and sell what they don't want to make back part of what they spent and that is fine. Trust your spidey senses and you will save yourself a lot of grief!

Nanoreefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe buying used isn’t for everyone.. In such an expensive hobby, why potentially buy someone else’s problems???

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy and sell a lot of reefing stuff as a way tompay for the hobby. I always try to test to the item to beat of my ability before selling. I never market anything as new unless I'm 100% confident. Sometimes things happen but just as with anything I try to work with the buyer as best as I can. I'd def welce seller feedback on everyone profile cause the good sellers will only continue to do better and it will weed out the bad
I wouldn't complain if the seller actually responded. I see them logged in and even posting.

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's horrible, I've had that happen on ebay with a high end graphics card. I shipped out a 2080ti and got a gt750 back. Luckily I documented boxing with video showing the serial number. Ebay/PayPal got me the money back after dispute.

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's horrible, I've had that happen on ebay with a high end graphics card. I shipped out a 2080ti and got a gt750 back. Luckily I documented boxing with video showing the serial number. Ebay/PayPal got me the money back after dispute.
How did you document it? If you don't mind sharing that info

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recorded opening return package, because it was substantially lighter. A 2080ti is like 5 times the weight of a 750. I submitted both video, packing and unpacking, to ebay and PayPal. They overturned my case after about 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back