Never again marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hit or miss I guess, this was only two polyps when I bought it off of here. Turned out great. Another time I bought some utter chaos and the seller messaged me a picture of the shipping label, after it shipped then he mentioned that the centerpiece fell off and come to find out it was covered up some cheap Zoas, not anywhere to be seen on the picture. I get that sometimes accidents happen but when you’ve been obviously ripped off immediately contact your credit card company and return the product. Your covered. I’m not mentioning any names or trying to start anything but your credit card has benefits that protect you against being ripped off.

Attachments

• 0BC37354-F22C-4BBE-88BC-562E1F38DE9C.jpeg
    0BC37354-F22C-4BBE-88BC-562E1F38DE9C.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hit or miss I guess, this was only two polyps when I bought it off of here. Turned out great. Another time I bought some utter chaos and the seller messaged me a picture of the shipping label, after it shipped then he mentioned that the centerpiece fell off and come to find out it was covered up some cheap Zoas, not anywhere to be seen on the picture. I get that sometimes accidents happen but when you’ve been obviously ripped off immediately contact your credit card company and return the product. Your covered. I’m not mentioning any names or trying to start anything but your credit card has benefits that protect you against being ripped off.
Is it better to claim through PayPal or credit card?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you had bad experiences with "Market Place". I usually look at sellers longevity messages/reaction scores. I've had great experiences with members here - sometimes "lax" in shipping/tracking/communication but overall have had great success and have gotten some awesome deals on equipment. Same goes when I sell something, I post actual picture, give all vitals and price it accordingly. I'll toss a bad piece of gear before trying to scam a fellow reefer.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll still buy stuff off of here, there’s a lot more good sellers out there than bad. At least I’d like to think so

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it better to claim through PayPal or credit card?
It depends how you bought it? At the end of the day it comes down to your credit card not PayPal. PayPal is more or less just an in between.

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends how you bought it? At the end of the day it comes down to your credit card not PayPal. PayPal is more or less just an in between.
I usually use bank account through PayPal. I thought PayPal had purchase protection.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else feel like they get stiffed everything they purchase from the market place. There are too many people that lie about their items. Some sellers "upgrade" 3 to 5 lights per month if you look at their threads. I think they have a fish store and take items in on trade then sell them here as lightly used. Some items I have bought were internally messed with with warranty stickers cut. That item was also listed as only setup to test, brand new. Now im stuck with a dosing pump that I would never resale because of unknown history. I also purchased a light, "like new only used for 2 months" first the light came with a large tested sticker that screams refurbished. Then the light does not work at all. Seller is on r2r but ignores my messages. The unregulated selling on the marketplace is horrible. Great idea, but too many people take advantage. I'll never use marketplace again.

16121177091338758365310266114042.jpg 16121177432446663684954694251733.jpg 16119813568724579097789016586728.jpg 16121177875292637061228639713109.jpg
Call your credit card company in the morning. Put that back in the box, send it back keep the tracking number. You’ll have your money back by the end of the week. I work for a lending company and we also offer credit cards, Visa MasterCard. I can’t speak for American Express or Discover but I’m assuming they are the same. Some cards will credit your account as soon as you file the dispute.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use bank account through PayPal. I thought PayPal had purchase protection.
Your credit card should have all of that, you really don’t need to use PayPal. I’ve never done a dispute through PayPal so I’m not totally sure but when I got ripped off I filed a complaint with my bank and they credited my account that day while they did the investigation which I eventually won and got my money back.

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call your credit card company in the morning. Put that back in the box, send it back keep the tracking number. You’ll have your money back by the end of the week. I work for a lending company and we also offer credit cards, Visa MasterCard. I can’t speak for American Express or Discover but I’m assuming they are the same. Some cards will credit your account as soon as you file the dispute.
Thank you. I'll ship it back tomorrow. And call bank

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call your bank first. They’ll tell you what to do. At least that’s how we handle things like this and you should be credited back the money immediately while they do an investigation, that’s how we do it. You’ll be all good.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only purchase once and everything was per add. If the price is too good then pass.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hold item until you are instructed to return item. Paypal will also reimburse you for return shipping costs if you go through them
You dont want to be out of item and money

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep ppl buy stuff lowballing others and resell at a profit. It’s the American way
Not all people,
I buy new and high, sell low because it is used. I’ve put reefer specials on here, free if I can’t use it, just cover shipping costs.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call your bank first. They’ll tell you what to do. At least that’s how we handle things like this and you should be credited back the money immediately while they do an investigation, that’s how we do it. You’ll be all

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess some people just don’t understand how the system works? If somebody is intentionally selling something that they are not representing correctly or ripping you off more or less and you go through the credit card process, file a claim ect. Not only will you get your money back but the person that is being dishonest, showing you pictures that aren’t representative of the item whatever once the whole dispute process is over that can reflect on their credit score as well. In the end the dishonest person gets what they deserve and a bad mark on their credit report. I’ve worked in lending/credit for over 20 years and that’s how it works. It’s almost impossible to get ripped off when you are purchasing something with a credit card and you get something that is not what it was supposed to be. Corals being the number one. If the coral in the picture doesn’t look exactly like what you receive in the mail you’re getting your money back hands down. If people would just be honest we wouldn’t have these problems.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! So sorry a few bad eggs ruined it for you!

I have not had any problems here yet. I actually LOVE buying used equipment. I go for more of the scratch and dent stuff then the new stuff though so my expectations are lower, just needs to be as described. I just bought a dimmable sunpower but it had a pic of it working so lets hope everything is on the up and up.

I did buy a nano-box tide in person and the fan did not work. I realized it when I got home. A simple fan change did not fix it and I had to wire it to a separate power supply. I did not bother to complain as I got a good price on it and figured I would just make it work for my needs. It was kind off annoying but perhaps they didn't notice before they listed it for sale.

Now the Sponsor, Artfully Acrylic has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

OP
OP
B

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post a user feedback about your experience with this member in the feedback forum :)

PLEASE
I'm trying to be nice about the light, but no response since Friday and they are currently online. They have also made posts since Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back