OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Fish addition UPDATE!*

Added all of the new tangs (hippo, orangeshoulder, white-tail kole) from QT and my copperband from my 75gal 2 weekends ago to the 310 gallon. The hippo and orangeshoulder went in without any issue at all, they were largely ignored and had peaceful entry into the tank. The copperband wasn’t exactly bullied at all either when added but the move to the new tank stressed him and he stayed hidden in a corner by a powerhead for a few days and didn’t eat. He’s since now back to his old ways roaming the tank peacefully and eating well again. The only issue I had was with my white-tail kole. He got scarred up pretty good with fighting between him and the yellow tangs and the gem tang. Didn’t help the first few nights he kept trying to make his night time home the same home the gem has had claimed for months. He got scarred up pretty good the first several nights. Wasn’t much fighting in the day time, it was happening as the lights dimmed or lights out. But after a week he’s now found his own home to call his in the tank and everyone is now back to peacefully, day & night swimming throughout the tank.
Over the last week his scarring has been slowly healing and getting his natural coloring coming back in. Probably within a couple months his scarring will be mostly gone and back to his beautiful self again.
Think as far as new fish additions I’m mostly done now. At most I may add a rhomboid wrasse and mandarin goby to the tank in the future, but that would absolutely be it for the stocking of fish in the 310. Last thing I want to do is overcrowd the tank
Also found it funny that my Bella Goby I added 2 months ago never wanted to come out of his burrow ever, but once the new tangs and copperband were added, he’s been coming out much more frequently.
2634D6D6-9CE3-4E89-938B-5928FC7905AF.jpeg
2FD2B5F3-9607-4548-9C1C-AD2AEAA52F94.jpeg
80C5A66F-42CC-4828-A2B0-FB2F823950DE.jpeg
2960C7D1-FC1B-42D0-A3FA-6F16ADDEEFC7.jpeg
B7B8B02F-B505-4526-AA15-61F188AED0B8.jpeg
D1A077F2-7D64-400B-9034-1F369DA30E14.jpeg

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I caved early on impulse and bought the Hydros x10 controller to add to my Hydros controller setup. Was originally planning on waiting a couple months as I had some other things around the house and for the tank I have been wanting to also buy. But temptation got the better of me this past week lol.
Just waiting on my LFS to hopefully get the iV and salinity kit in this week with their dry goods shipment and the plan will be to hook it up this upcoming weekend for automated Alkalinity testing and salinity monitoring.
FE1E38D8-638A-42C9-AA29-50FE0905D323.jpeg

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving and got some good deals on this Black Friday! Wasn’t going to this year as I’ve spent too much already the last couple months haha… but caved and did at least pick up a pc rainbow acro and a favia frag today while at my LFS picking up some fish food I was getting low on since they had some killer deals going on.

Pic tonight of the tank for a tank update:
IMG_9224.jpeg

Been struggling getting the x10 and iV to read correctly after double checking things against calibrated Hanna testers as well as salifert test kits. Not exactly a Hydros issue as it’s more a me finding the time to troubleshoot and work the issues out even though I have an “idea” of what the issues are.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty of a tank, love the mancave, but you're brave keeping a pool table that close to your tank, I played amateur pool tourneys years ago locally and have seen so many Que balls launch off the table on a hard break, seen them break beer glasses and pitchers, a mirror behind a bar once. I had a 4x8 Olhausen in my basement, I took it down when I converted my tank to salt and turned my game room into my living/entertainment room. I went a bit different route though and put a wall in front of my tank so it is just the front glass you see on mine.

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty of a tank, love the mancave, but you're brave keeping a pool table that close to your tank, I played amateur pool tourneys years ago locally and have seen so many Que balls launch off the table on a hard break, seen them break beer glasses and pitchers, a mirror behind a bar once. I had a 4x8 Olhausen in my basement, I took it down when I converted my tank to salt and turned my game room into my living/entertainment room. I went a bit different route though and put a wall in front of my tank so it is just the front glass you see on mine.
Thanks… it’s not really something I’m worried about. It’s not that close to the table. And you break shooting the opposite direction.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I caved early on impulse and bought the Hydros x10 controller to add to my Hydros controller setup. Was originally planning on waiting a couple months as I had some other things around the house and for the tank I have been wanting to also buy. But temptation got the better of me this past week lol.
Just waiting on my LFS to hopefully get the iV and salinity kit in this week with their dry goods shipment and the plan will be to hook it up this upcoming weekend for automated Alkalinity testing and salinity monitoring.
FE1E38D8-638A-42C9-AA29-50FE0905D323.jpeg
Did you ever use this to start the alkalinity testing? How is it going?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back