New 40b - Return To Reefing

wildcard

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for about 15 years. I used to have a small nano, and my brother was the one with all the tanks.

I started scouring Craigslist and other mediums to find a used tank. I found this 40 breeder not too far from my home for $20.

So far I've removed the blue paint on the back, bought a stand that I painted gold, and had some dry rock shipped. I've been playing with the rock in my tank for about a month and just ordered what I need for cycling yesterday, so I figured it is time to start my first build thread! Yay!

E3628308-30A9-483A-A157-63956C1743FF.jpeg 3C47B6FB-6B92-4D1C-B8D5-6739847BB143.jpeg 73FE24D6-88B5-42F8-A99B-D85C9251FD3A.jpeg 1069028E-B316-4868-808F-0D02295D52D0.jpeg
 
Welcome back!!!
back to reefing? Out 15 yrs?
or is it thanks to the shut in you have a LOT of loose cash ?
JK get ready for sticker shock my friend :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new