New acro tissue blown off from flow?

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
New SKA jackpot. I added it and 20ish acros today. It had tissue blown off. I’ve never seen this before. Any ideas?

I dosed some me polyp extender aminos and brightwell restor to the tank to see if it will help

IMG_7831.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7832.mov
    8.2 MB

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t really want to see tissue blowing off a sps

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are really any number of reasons it happened. You said it was new correct? And also that you bombed the tank full of 20 frags.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag could have been in decline already and the stress of shipping or moving to new tank did it in

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
There are really any number of reasons it happened. You said it was new correct? And also that you bombed the tank full of 20 frags.
Literally did that within 30 minutes or so of putting it in. I’ve put 20 frags in before and no problem.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're talking about the white stringy things than that's just mesenterial filaments, a part of the digestive tract deployed when damaged, stressed, feeding or to kill off neighbors. Other than that it looks fine, I don't see any exposed skeleton and the color is good

Edit: wait, I see it. Are you sure you didn't scrape it when adding and are you sure it wasn't there when you got it? SPS are known to decline quick but 30 min is unheard of

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
If you're talking about the white stringy things than that's just mesenterial filaments, a part of the digestive tract deployed when damaged, stressed, feeding or to kill off neighbors. Other than that it looks fine, I don't see any exposed skeleton and the color is good

Edit: wait, I see it. Are you sure you didn't scrape it when adding and are you sure it wasn't there when you got it? SPS are known to decline quick but 30 min is unheard of
No. I was super duper careful of it since it’s an expensive frag. It had flesh and looked good when I got it

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Could any of your fish have taken a bite out of it?

Specifically angels, butterflies and parrotfish?
It’s a 40g long. Only court jester goby, pink dwarf possum wrasse, and starry blenny. It went from frag rack to rock work and next thing I look and it’s peeling off flesh and it’s just got an empty spot in the center of the frag as seen in the pic and video.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 40g long. Only court jester goby, pink dwarf possum wrasse, and starry blenny. It went from frag rack to rock work and next thing I look and it’s peeling off flesh and it’s just got an empty spot in the center of the frag as seen in the pic and video.
Parameters? Also what's the flow like?

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Parameters? Also what's the flow like?
77 temp, 1.026, 8.5 alk, 463 cal, 1352 mag, 5 nitrate, and 0.06 phosphate.

I got good random flow. 40g long. 2 mp10s in the front with 2 hours reef crest, and 2 hours constant. Mp40 back left with tidal swell, and back right Nero 3 with random.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back