New Again

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I used to have a 45g diamond front and a 75g fowlr tank over a decade ago

took plunge again and have a 55g breeder essentially, can’t drill it.

down the line I will get a sump and what not but for time being are there any HoB fuge boxes that are worthwhile? I’ve seen some breeder boxes that can double as them too

what are some pitfalls to setting up in tank using acrylic or glass baffles? I can take my time with this build and do not want to rush anything

any feedback is appreciated

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read some great reviews on HOB refugium systems.. I have been considering adding one to my own 55G. My issue is that I have a brace in the center of my tank that limits my available width to place a HOB fuge. (the one I think will be best exceeds my available width by about 1 inch :-( *sigh*)

Welcome to the forum and back to the Dark Side...

Welcome.jpg

OP
OP
P

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read some great reviews on HOB refugium systems.. I have been considering adding one to my own 55G. My issue is that I have a brace in the center of my tank that limits my available width to place a HOB fuge. (the one I think will be best exceeds my available width by about 1 inch :-( *sigh*)

Welcome to the forum and back to the Dark Side...

Welcome.jpg
I have same, I found two cheaper options I am going to try and use... but need to get my tank up first lol still dry

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of those dimensions, personally. If you are committed to that tank, here's an option instead of a hang on back.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back