New apex is junk

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a new apex hooked it up through my android. Worked good for about 2 hours lost coms with wifi never came back tried to reboot nothing. Checked router and it's in inactive mode under Ethernet. Can't even get into fusion and does not work even hard wired. Eb8 is blinking orange and head unit is yellow and white sometimes.

Someone chime in.

Last edited:

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly contact support. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you don’t know the exact reason for the failure yet, don’t you think jumping out of the gate to “junk” is a bit harsh?

Our support team is here to help - just call or put in a request on our web site.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Funny is I had nothing but issues with my Apex classic. I then bought the new version and it has been nothing but pleasing, easy to use and program.

I as others mention would go online right now to Neptune Support. File a case and get a ticket number. They will if they have to connect with you on a laptop and straighten this out for you as they did for me ....AT NO CHARGE.!!

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything connected to a wireless router can be troubling. Ive had difficulty with light switches, sprinkler system, phones, computers, Amazon Fire. Apex is no different, especially for those who want to simply plug and play. Most devices have improved greatly with simplified setups. My Apex took a little work to connect, haven't had problems since - even when doing firmware updates.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had legacy apex units over the years on a few systems and never had a problem with any of them. I did have to learn the hardware and learn how to interact with all systems it connects to. I did experiment shortly with a wifi adapter which never worked properly. I depend on a hardline connection to my router and it works flawlessly. I actually prefer the older style over the silver and orange plastic one.

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I've had an Apex Classic and now an Apex 2016 for years now, never once would I consider it junk.

2. I had AT&T, the wireless router that came with their package was literal junk. The TV service was worse. Our phones, laptops, etc. would drop out all of the time. I've since switched to Frontier in my area, its better but the router still drops out. The TV service is much better.

3. One of my reefing buddies took the plunge on a new D-Link wireless router that looks like something out of Starship Troopers. This His Apex 2016 NEVER drops out. EVER. I'd get one too, but I'd rather save that kind of money for a calcium reactor. Someday...

4. Neptune Support has always been best in class, even when it was my mistake or out of my control (lightning strike).

jkapit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadow wolf, call Apex and log a ticket. Their support is excellent and they will sort through the issues. It may take a few attempts since communication issues are sometime complex and hard to diagnose.

You are better off using a hard wired connection but that is your choice.
I had connection issues and the Neptune system guys logged into my router and set it up and it is rock solid. The best piece of equipment I own so don’t get frustrated.

xerogravity74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly contact support. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you don’t know the exact reason for the failure yet, don’t you think jumping out of the gate to “junk” is a bit harsh?

Our support team is here to help - just call or put in a request on our web site.
Apex is awesome I am soooooo glad I didn't spend the money on a different controller....I had some issues setting mine up it took a couple hours because I'm not that smart...I have had a couple of hiccups but it was USER ERROR...IMO Apex is pretty bullet proof and a dream to have.

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little harsh to call the Apex junk when you don't know if it's the router and have not contacted the manufacturer. ANY hardware can have issues.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back