New Auto Top Off

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so tired of topping off from a jug that I purchased this auto top off system. It has a double switch controller which is nice. So if the lower float fails to turn off the water the top float kicks in.(Hopefully) Plus I wasn't getting a proper skimming as water evaporated. I have about 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon of evaporation a day so this makes it so much easier. Another great thing about an ATO system is that I don't have salinity swings anymore. Sometimes I would have to add a gallon or two at a time when I used to top off manually. Working out of town 2-4 days a week I don't have to rely on anyone else to remember to do it either. What a great product an ATO is.Overall this setup cost around 90 bucks and I am very pleased.

DS07.JPG

DS01.JPG

And here it is installed. I purchased the in sump model to keep it hidden.

SDC11453.jpg

That's an Aqua Lifter Dosing Pump on top of the 5gal bucket. I got the pump on EBAY shipped to my door for less than 20 bucks. The bucket and lid came from Walmart.

SDC11426.jpg

Here I added a T connector. It is supposed to stop the reverse vacuum that is caused when the pump shuts off and the water in the bucket is lower than the tank. It isn't very effective though because the hose doesn't even touch the water in the sump.

SDC11456.jpg

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool.still haven't decided on an ATO yet. but i did get my Apex. bum deals tho cause the night after i synched it my computer shut down.:cry:

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool.still haven't decided on an ATO yet. but i did get my Apex. bum deals tho cause the night after i synched it my computer shut down.:cry:

ATO are one of these best things to have. My 5 gallon bucket will go a week. It might go longer but every sunday I just fill it up again. Never have to worry about it.

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back