New Bluetooth AI prime HD.

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an AI Prime to upgrade my fluval evo light. One thing I have noticed that the blue mode on the fluval seemed to make the corals glow better at night. Has anyone else noticed something similar. I have tried the brs settings, and even some signature schedules.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you leaving the blue on at night? Blue is not a night light. That is the primary growing light for corals.

OP
OP
thatone08

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you leaving the blue on at night? Blue is not a night light. That is the primary growing light for corals.
No. At night the lights go out. But in the evening when I look at them I prefer blue lighting to get the color to pop. Light is only on 8-9 hours a day.

OP
OP
thatone08

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29D0CE38-6D60-48B8-81DD-6C70FDDEB001.jpeg

This was the fluval, and on the bottom left that frogspawn would really show the green. I’m not seeing this with the prime.

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinker with your settings more - I feel the opposite should be said about the Prime when it comes to how the colors pop with the upgrade.

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use the Prime app. but... can you search, and download other users profiles and apply them to your spectrum?
Maybe search "AI PRIME best setting to make your corals POP!!!"

Ando1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell mistaken for the Fluval “nighttime” light on that tank. It’s way to strong of a blue. Once I noticed my corals weren’t closing up and the anemones were staying fully inflated all night, I realized that’s a problem. I ended up switching all my tanks to AI primes and if you want that similar effect you can play with the settings if you like it illuminated at night. I have all mine at 1% on blues during the night and everyone in the tanks “go to sleep” still and thriving.
Edit, sorry I missed the blackout at night part, if you like that look this would be something similar to get it close but not great for growth or health ‍ But it’s similar to the fluval and they way it makes the fluorescence pop in “night” mode

4A017FE9-6226-429F-8C5D-68042FBA2A2D.jpeg 28E957BC-DAA8-48DB-A41E-7EB054672EF9.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatone08

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I just want it like that for like an hour at night. To enjoy the glow. But I think I also have to be realistic, that what we see in pictures and at the LFS is for the wow factor, and not what you should run all the time. I do like the light, and my frogspawn is open all the way, and and just chilling instead of moving arms around to get the best light. My Rasta zoas, and the galaxea are also looking the best they ever have. Glad I upgraded.

Ando1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I just want it like that for like an hour at night. To enjoy the glow. But I think I also have to be realistic, that what we see in pictures and at the LFS is for the wow factor, and not what you should run all the time. I do like the light, and my frogspawn is open all the way, and and just chilling instead of moving arms around to get the best light. My Rasta zoas, and the galaxea are also looking the best they ever have. Glad I upgraded.
Same! Such a worthwhile upgrade, the growth with be way more noticeable when you get the settings dialed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back