New Bluetooth AI prime HD.

  • Thread starter Thread starter thatone08
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
6,190
Location
plainfield
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an AI Prime to upgrade my fluval evo light. One thing I have noticed that the blue mode on the fluval seemed to make the corals glow better at night. Has anyone else noticed something similar. I have tried the brs settings, and even some signature schedules.
 
Are you leaving the blue on at night? Blue is not a night light. That is the primary growing light for corals.
 
Are you leaving the blue on at night? Blue is not a night light. That is the primary growing light for corals.
No. At night the lights go out. But in the evening when I look at them I prefer blue lighting to get the color to pop. Light is only on 8-9 hours a day.
 
29D0CE38-6D60-48B8-81DD-6C70FDDEB001.jpeg

This was the fluval, and on the bottom left that frogspawn would really show the green. I’m not seeing this with the prime.
 
Tinker with your settings more - I feel the opposite should be said about the Prime when it comes to how the colors pop with the upgrade.
 
I dont use the Prime app. but... can you search, and download other users profiles and apply them to your spectrum?
Maybe search "AI PRIME best setting to make your corals POP!!!"
 
I fell mistaken for the Fluval “nighttime” light on that tank. It’s way to strong of a blue. Once I noticed my corals weren’t closing up and the anemones were staying fully inflated all night, I realized that’s a problem. I ended up switching all my tanks to AI primes and if you want that similar effect you can play with the settings if you like it illuminated at night. I have all mine at 1% on blues during the night and everyone in the tanks “go to sleep” still and thriving.
Edit, sorry I missed the blackout at night part, if you like that look this would be something similar to get it close but not great for growth or health ‍ But it’s similar to the fluval and they way it makes the fluorescence pop in “night” mode

4A017FE9-6226-429F-8C5D-68042FBA2A2D.jpeg 28E957BC-DAA8-48DB-A41E-7EB054672EF9.png
 
Last edited:
Thank you. I just want it like that for like an hour at night. To enjoy the glow. But I think I also have to be realistic, that what we see in pictures and at the LFS is for the wow factor, and not what you should run all the time. I do like the light, and my frogspawn is open all the way, and and just chilling instead of moving arms around to get the best light. My Rasta zoas, and the galaxea are also looking the best they ever have. Glad I upgraded.
 
Thank you. I just want it like that for like an hour at night. To enjoy the glow. But I think I also have to be realistic, that what we see in pictures and at the LFS is for the wow factor, and not what you should run all the time. I do like the light, and my frogspawn is open all the way, and and just chilling instead of moving arms around to get the best light. My Rasta zoas, and the galaxea are also looking the best they ever have. Glad I upgraded.
Same! Such a worthwhile upgrade, the growth with be way more noticeable when you get the settings dialed
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new