New bubble tip anemone

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... just picked up my new baby bubble tip anemone. It is about 1.5” across and has a lot of pink and orange coloration with hints of purple and green. It also has really cool stripes running through its “bubbles”. Wish I had a better camera so I can truly picture its beauty! Hopefully it lives a long happy life in my tank and my Picasso clown, named bandit, finds his way into it sometime soon! Any tips for care and health will be greatly appreciated.. I hope it looks happy.
-Ava

7B80C425-09AD-4027-B587-6BE991B81B03.jpeg

image.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty happy to me! Anemones will sometimes roam around a bit until they find a happy place. Don’t worry of it hides under a rock or in a cave for a couple days while it gets used to your water and lighting. It’ll come out when its ready. Things to look out for would be a gaping mouth or bleaching. If you dont have foam covers over your power heads you may want to consider them at least until its settled in and not moving anymore. You’ll be surprised how quickly they can move around a tank when they want to.

OP
OP
A

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty happy to me! Anemones will sometimes roam around a bit until they find a happy place. Don’t worry of it hides under a rock or in a cave for a couple days while it gets used to your water and lighting. It’ll come out when its ready. Things to look out for would be a gaping mouth or bleaching. If you dont have foam covers over your power heads you may want to consider them at least until its settled in and not moving anymore. You’ll be surprised how quickly they can move around a tank when they want to.
Thanks so much! I put it in a medium flow, medium light area of the tank so hopefully it likes it and doesn’t move much but I know it’s normal if it does. I don’t have a power head on the tank, only an imput and output so should be good with that. Is the gagging mouth something I would easily notice if it happens to occur? It seems very happy and bubbly right now and has opened and been open since a few minutes after I put it into the tank. I am curious... I have a rock flower anemone in the same tank. Is it something I should be worried about and should I try to remove it or can they live in the same tank? Thanks and let me know
-Ava

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never kept rock flowers so i cant say how compatable they are. The gaping mouth is easy to spot. Itll look like its turning its mouth inside out.
As for flow. Mine like a good ammount to a lot and they seem to keep their bubbles more inflated in higher flow though that’s purely my observation and not a fact.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back