New Cade 1200 S2 Build

millertime1234

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
42
Location
Naples
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to upgrade my IM 50g lagoon AIO with a beautiful Cade Frag 1200 S2 I picked up a few months ago from a local reefer. I've had the IM for about 2 years and it has been a great starting tank that has taught me many great reefing lessons! Very exited for the larger 70ish gallon capacity of the display and my first experience with an external sump!

Basic Equipment list:
* 2 IM helios 200w heaters (controllers are carryovers)
* Red Sea Reefmat 250
* IOAOI protean skimmer (carryover)
* 3 AI Prime lights ( 2 are carryovers)
* 2 Jecod/Jebao GPM-30 power heads
* 2 tunze nanostream 6040s (carryovers and with battery backup)
* Reef Breeders Nautilus DC1100 return pump
* Additional live rock from TBS
* I have a hydros XP8 on the IM but unsure if I will use it or not.

Current stocking list ideas:
* 2 ocellaris clowns (carryovers)
* blind midas blenny (carryover)
* Melanurus Wrasse (carryover)
* Flame Angelfish
* Leopard wrasses
* White tail bristletooth tang
* Orchid dottyback
* Starry blenny (if the Midas passes)
* Other options?

Any additional feedback or suggestions are welcomed! More pictures to come as I set up the control board.
1000001936.jpg
 
Following along!
 
Plumbing is all set up! Took me a little while as the included link to the instruction video is technically for the Cade reef S2 and also does not mention the included check valve on the return. Had to cut a small section of flexible tubing to get it to fit. Looks like the length would have been correct for the reef not the frag style tank. I'll take a few pictures tonight. Still deciding if I want to use the mechanical ATO valve or my extra duetto 2 ATO. 25 watt Vectron V2 UV has also been ordered.
 
Plumbing is all set up! Took me a little while as the included link to the instruction video is technically for the Cade reef S2 and also does not mention the included check valve on the return. Had to cut a small section of flexible tubing to get it to fit. Looks like the length would have been correct for the reef not the frag style tank. I'll take a few pictures tonight. Still deciding if I want to use the mechanical ATO valve or my extra duetto 2 ATO. 25 watt Vectron V2 UV has also been ordered.
Looks great , I just upgraded at the beginning of the year, so much fun.
 
Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to upgrade my IM 50g lagoon AIO with a beautiful Cade Frag 1200 S2 I picked up a few months ago from a local reefer. I've had the IM for about 2 years and it has been a great starting tank that has taught me many great reefing lessons! Very exited for the larger 70ish gallon capacity of the display and my first experience with an external sump!

Basic Equipment list:
* 2 IM helios 200w heaters (controllers are carryovers)
* Red Sea Reefmat 250
* IOAOI protean skimmer (carryover)
* 3 AI Prime lights ( 2 are carryovers)
* 2 Jecod/Jebao GPM-30 power heads
* 2 tunze nanostream 6040s (carryovers and with battery backup)
* Reef Breeders Nautilus DC1100 return pump
* Additional live rock from TBS
* I have a hydros XP8 on the IM but unsure if I will use it or not.

Current stocking list ideas:
* 2 ocellaris clowns (carryovers)
* blind midas blenny (carryover)
* Melanurus Wrasse (carryover)
* Flame Angelfish
* Leopard wrasses
* White tail bristletooth tang
* Orchid dottyback
* Starry blenny (if the Midas passes)
* Other options?

Any additional feedback or suggestions are welcomed! More pictures to come as I set up the control board.
1000001936.jpg
Wow can’t wait to see this and your journey to a bigger set up
 
Had to take a small break to work on the nursery setup (love box furniture) but back to the tank setup today! Reefmat, and return pump are all plumbed. TMC Vectron UV is installed but will set up the pump later. I'll be running the skimmer off of my current tank so that will be installed after I move the fish. Will be adding RODI water this week to leak test everything and clear out any debris! Control board currently only has the 2 jecod GMP controllers and the nautilus return pump controller. Will be cleaning this up and adding additional equipment controllers in the near future.



1000002115.jpg

PXL_20260914_005526403.jpg
 
Leak test complete! Had a few plumbing leaks and an issue with the one way valve on the return line that I decided to just remove completely. All fixed now, return pump and power heads currently running. Gate valve and return pump speed are now adjusted. Need to remove a good bit of total water volume to get the proper water height in the sump. Decided to also purchase a single echotech versa for AFR dosing. Live rock going in on the 16th! Hoping to have the tank cycled in a week and everything moved over by the end of the month but we will see how the cycle goes.
 
Water height in display and sump set! First sump tank so between the 2 drain lines, return pump flow, gate valve, reefmat 250 flow capacity limit and the gravity fed ATO it took a little while to get everything set correctly. Ran with consistent water levels for a few days so confident to drain and move to the next step!
1000002201.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new